Interior lights in 16.7 million colors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sabz5150

FALCON PUNCH!!!
My lil addition to the world o rice. Tri color RGB LEDs with a few electronic parts, some soldering, troubleshooting and viola! Interior lighting to fit your mood. The colors are controlled by three dials (one for red, one for green and one for blue) to mix and match different intensities for any color you can imagine.

Pic is just of the shift knob (eBay "Type R" knockoff, but it's metal and feels nice). The rest of the lights are coming along nicely. The instrument cluster and aftermarket gauges are getting the same treatment. Just gotta wait for the rest of my LED order to arive :spin:

21859_10_full.jpg

Curse Cardomain if the image doesn't work.

rice sucks, but i like that.

how much u want for ur shift knobs....

for ....uhh...a ....uhh....friend of mine, ya thats it...

I think it looks good.

Not super riced out neon whole shift knob or anything.
Just like a back-lit shift knob... not that you would need to see the number in the dark or anything.. but hey, looks good.

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Nov 22 2003, 07:03 PM
howabout a different color for each gear?

:ph34r:

interesting proposition. I'd buy one of thsoe. :D

I think it's phat. The different color for each gear would probably be impossible since manual transmissions don't have an ECU output for current gear. BUT you could do colors for different RPM ranges since that has a differing voltage output :)

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Nov 23 2003, 02:11 AM
I think it's phat. The different color for each gear would probably be impossible since manual transmissions don't have an ECU output for current gear. BUT you could do colors for different RPM ranges since that has a differing voltage output :)

that would be awesome, it would be like making your entire enterior a shiftlight.

yeah, All you have to do is find out the voltage range of the RPM signal, and convert it to the voltage range of the LEDs with some resistors.

I dont like too much, mainly because my car is an automatic and I cant have one. YET

5 Speed Swap Soon - oh so soon!

The different color for each gear would probably be impossible since manual transmissions don't have an ECU output for current gear

It can be done and very easily, you'd have to have a contact for nuetral and every other gear, when the shifter is put in gear the contacts touch thus giving power to the led. I could make a wiring diagram but you get the point. The only flaw to this would be you'd need 7 leds. I actually think I'm gonna make one now just for the satisfaction of doing it.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Nov 24 2003, 02:26 PM
O i forgot that would be a MONEY making idea, it's good for learning and ricers would be all over it.

i had a stupid ricer idea once......

an exhaust system that somehow magically makes the word for the gear your in

i.e.

FFFFFIIIIIIIRRRRRSSSSSTTTTTTT
SSSSSEEEECCCOOOOONNNNDDD
and so on.....

that way you wouldnt forget what gear you were in (good for ricers)

and everyone else would know what gear you were in

That would be VERY difficult, My idea is easy and kinda cheap. But if your idea did happen it would defenitly be an EXPENSIVE ricer part, It wouldn't exactly appeal to the new learner. I also really don't give a fuck what gear the dude next to me is in either.

im sure if you found a way to make that exhaust i would buy it just because it would be funny to hear my car stutter..

ffiiiiiiii fiiiiiirrrrrr firrrrrssttttttttttttttttt
seeeecccccooo seeec cccccc ooooooooonnnnn nnnnnnnnnnd

god damned d15.. b18 soon.. not soon enough

Who would buy my idea? or actually silverchilds. Does anyone else think its a good idea? I'm actually gonna make a concept one.

Back