Interior Paint and Inserts Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlow89

93 Del Sol
I have a 93 del sol and the interior is a little shady. The black is a little faded and scratched. I don't like this. I want to repaint the interior black. I also would like to paint the inserts throughout the interior red. would this be ok. And how would i go about this painting process? Thanks 4 your help.

Get ready to be flamed. Painted interiors dont go over well.

When you say the black is faded do you mean the dash itself? If so, get some black shoe polish and using it VERY sparingly, rub it into the dash. Then rub it off with a clean rag. I did this with my 71 Roadrunner, obviously VERY faded being a 71 but it cleaned up real nice and you dont get any residue on your fingers :)

Same goes for the door panels too, use the same method but be sure to wipe the residue off real well.

Inserts, take off the door panel and see if you can remove the insert piece. Then either cover it with a red fabric you like or get some red spray dye and dye it red.

ok. Basically the whole interior itself is faded a little throughout. Not that bad really. Shoe polish. Never heard that but i guess i can try it. Thanks.

Try some Armorall first if you havent already. You'd be surprised at what it can do to an interior. I usually clean it with some 409 or like cleaner and then try to shine it up.

I'll try that. I just bought 2,00 worth of audio equipment. I have to rip out the interior. You say its not worth sanding primering and painting it while its out of the car? I'm a try your solution first though. Thanks

Painting the whole interior will look riced as fuck. I love to paint and have a painted interior in my "show-ish" car, but not EVERYTHING. Accents ;)

It's Black I just want to repaint it black so that the interior looks new. and do some accenting with a little red .......or not.

Cool, try to clean up what you have and if all else fails paint. I've found that Krylon Semi-Flat Black looks VERY similar to factory black plastic. Just get some Plastic Primer, scuff the panel, prime, then paint.

Thanks man. If I have any further questions for you. can i em you privately or do you have a myspace or what do i do.

Back