Interior Paint???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

almightyaccord

ok i am just wondering has anyone here ever painted their seats with the dupli-color interior paint, b/c i painted my doors and they came out great so i was thinking of just painting just the middle of all my seats not the entire thing. Just for now until i get a custom interior. Well any ideas ,pros,cons would be greatly appricated.

Can't say I used the duplicolor to paint seats, but we did have a customer who wanted exactly what you're looking at doing. I tried to talk him out of it for 3 days :lol: Anyways, he brought me some interior paint (I can't remember the name or company) for fabrics. I refused to do it, but let him do it in the shop and even supplied the masking film, tape, etc. He sprayed it up and let it dry, but it turned out nasty. Despite having masked the area he wanted, the fabric paint (whatever you wanna call it) bled. When he removed it, it looked like someone had used a brush, if you know what I mean. The line was horrid. It seems to me that material is simply not meant to be separated by color, unless it's a sewn in panel. Just my opinion, hope it helps ;) P.S. He ended up with seat covers <_<

i have done it before and so has my cousin. u have to be carefull not to use to much paint at one time. light coats because it has to soak into the fabric. i recommend taking the seats out then painting them. let them really dry 4 like a day or day to make sure the paint is dry

an old friend of mine converted his blue ugly interior to black and honestly it looking great, I was amazed and plan on doing the same to my 240

Back