Intermittent start failure

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Canuck 93 Civic Si

A friend of mine bought a 93 civic Si just like mine and sometimes it wont start after making short hops around town like to the gas station and such. Ive had the same problem before, but not nearly as much as he has. If you leave the car alone for a few minutes itll start up okay, but sometimes itll die out after a second or so. I recall someone mentioning a problem with cracked solder in the PGFMI relay or something. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Sean

My car had something similar to this, but it would start back up and then die after leaving the gas station. My problem was the EACV (ICV), after i changed it, it started after small stops to gas station.

resolder the connections in the main relay.. or buy a new one

as posted a few post down

Sounds like a bad Cap/Rotor OR Distributor

Another common problem hondas have is the PGMFI Relay goes out

AKA Main relay. it will cause the car to not start or start then stall and not start and then start up after awhile and run fine or if it goes fully out you wont beable to start your car

VERY common honda problem

the relay on 92-95 civics is right over the clutch pedal PITA to get to I beleave it's held on by 2 bolts

Back