1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

internals

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 92hatchb, Dec 19, 2002.

1. 92hatchb

92hatchb Junior Member

What is the best d series piston and rod that I can put into my d15b7. I am building it up for a mini-me, i'm trying to push around 250bhp. I also need to know if i can put a d16z6 crankshaft into my d15b7 block. I am probably going to go with 1st gen integra rods and pistons if they are in good shape other wise i'll go with JE pistons. if any one else knows a better combination for me please let me know. Also i need some ideas for a camshaft and cam gear for the d16z6. I know its only a d series motor and you are probably going to say that its more trouble then it worth and that I should just swap a b series motor into it, but this is what I am going to do. Any help would be awesome thanks alot.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

If you want to try and swap crankshafts, you really should just drop a whole D16Z6 in there- it'll be less trouble and probably less money. Buy some Eagle rods and Wiseco pistons, then tune it. Maybe a ZEX cam? Are you building this for boost or natural aspiration?

3. 88civicHBz6

88civicHBz6 Senior Member

Endyn pistons are the best i think if they make them for that engine the rest :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

4. 92hatchb

92hatchb Junior Member

I am building the mini-me for all motor. No turbo, super, or NOS. Maybe later on but now 250bhp all motor. If endyn makes pistons for the d16z6 then i can put those in my motor because they are the same bore and stroke as the ZC and the ZC pistons were recomended for doing this setup.

5. 92hatchb

92hatchb Junior Member

Do i Have an oil control jet in my block, I have a d15b7 because the d16z6 head already has one in it. I don't want to mess my shit up thanks.

6. 88civicHBz6

88civicHBz6 Senior Member

Yes Endyn makes pistons for the ZC and i don't know about the oil jet?

7. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

There should be an oil control jet in between pistons 2 and 3 in the top of the block. Remove it if it's there.

8. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

250 horse all motor from a d-series???

I got $100 on it never happeening.

seriously dude, its going to cost you 10 grand to come close to those numbers.... you might as well swap

9. 92hatchb

92hatchb Junior Member

thanks for all your help.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted