InterRacial Dating

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by 2fastaccord@Sep 23 2003, 04:08 PM
Being black and hearing everyones opinions on this thread has made me feel a lot less welcome on this site.

If i had any part in that, I'm sorry. I'm not trying to sound racist. but Girls of the opposite race (doesn't matter what color, etc) just don't do it for me.

It's one thing to say you're not attracted to a certain race. It's like saying you're not attracted to men/women.

It's another thing to persecute or judge someone for dating/liking/marrying someone of a different race.

I get looked at funny all the time when I say I'm into imports, and then tell someone I don't find Asian girls attractive. They look at me like :blink: and wonder how that can be. :D

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Sep 23 2003, 05:44 PM
It's another thing to persecute or judge someone for dating/liking/marrying someone of a different race.

EXACTLY.........and unfortunatly, I am not sure if some of the people who posted that actually realize what the hell they were saying......

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Sep 23 2003, 05:28 PM-->
2fastaccord
@Sep 23 2003, 04:08 PM
Being black and hearing everyones opinions on this thread has made me feel a lot less welcome on this site.

If i had any part in that, I'm sorry. I'm not trying to sound racist. but Girls of the opposite race (doesn't matter what color, etc) just don't do it for me.

why not? they're all pink on the inside, take it from me, I know..... :blink:

dude, if you hit some that were purple, I would end yourself right now..know tellin what that bitch had..... :D

i have a few black friends, but personally i would not date one of them. sticking with my own race is how am would go about it. My GF right now is who i hope to be with for a long while, so the possiblity of me dating interracial, or anyone else for that matter, is not in the picture. My parents also said that they dont like the idea of interracial dating, sorta that they would be disappointed, but wouldnt disown me or something along those lines (family is from the south). My parents, my girlfriend, my whole family and i all have the old fashion views and some of the new.

Dating whoever or however you want is totally up to you but in some areas it wont be accepted and also interracial marriage and having gets it is hard to say how your kids would be accepted not knowing really if they are black or white, honestly what would you call yourself. your a mix breed, some would say impure. The world today is accepting many new things but this was not how it was in the past. Still today you have strong oppinions on this subject, and yes many people will let them be known. If you like her and she feels the same give it a try and see how it goes. it is totally your preference.

I am going to have fun with this one......

i have a few black friends, but personally i would not date one of them. sticking with my own race is how am would go about it. My GF right now is who i hope to be with for a long while, so the possiblity of me dating interracial, or anyone else for that matter, is not in the picture.

Remove yourself from the relationship.....Now tell me if they are good enough to let them in your home, if they are good enough to sit at the dinner table with you, if they are good enough to go hang out with you and be seen in public, why are they not good enough to be in a relationship with you?

My parents also said that they dont like the idea of interracial dating, sorta that they would be disappointed, but wouldnt disown me or something along those lines (family is from the south).

I bet your parents would dissaprove ALOT of what you do, would that still stop you from doing them? Underage drinking? Party's at thier house when they are gone? Not studying and getting the grades you most possibly could? Speeding and endangering not only yourself but others on the road? Those ar all things I am sure you have done, that would dissapoint your parents, so why would interacial dating be any different?

My parents, my girlfriend, my whole family and i all have the old fashion views and some of the new.

Try not to hide behind old family values. Becuase if you do, you shouldn't be having sex with your girlfriend before mariage (which most likely you are) you shouldn't be dating without a chaperone, and you aren't supposed to live with them before you get married.

Dating whoever or however you want is totally up to you but in some areas it wont be accepted

Becuase of the attitudes that you help to keep alive by thinking there is something wrong with it.

and also interracial marriage and having gets it is hard to say how your kids would be accepted not knowing really if they are black or white, honestly what would you call yourself. your a mix breed, some would say impure.

as I said earlier, 90% of us in the us are mixed breed, and what do you mean by impure??? Please try to explain, becuase that is one of the most racist comments I have heard in a long time....

Wow.
I haven't realized how many people on this site are still living in the "good ole days". This is pretty disappointing...
Someone's race shouldn't matter in dating. And saying you aren't attracted to a certain race isn't racist. It's like saying I don't like redheads. It's not that you have anything against said race, you just don't find them appealing.
Some people have alot to learn...

Living in CA all my life has just made me accept stuff I guess. I don't even really look at them like black, white, yellow or anything. People are just people. Except for 50 cent. HE'S a nigger. :D

Originally posted by quicksi@Sep 23 2003, 01:52 PM
I am going to have fun with this one......

i have a few black friends, but personally i would not date one of them.  sticking with my own race is how am would go about it.  My GF right now is who i hope to be with for a long while, so the possiblity of me dating interracial, or anyone else for that matter, is not in the picture.

Remove yourself from the relationship.....Now tell me if they are good enough to let them in your home, if they are good enough to sit at the dinner table with you, if they are good enough to go hang out with you and be seen in public, why are they not good enough to be in a relationship with you?

My parents also said that they dont like the idea of interracial dating, sorta that they would be disappointed, but wouldnt disown me or something along those lines (family is from the south).

I bet your parents would dissaprove ALOT of what you do, would that still stop you from doing them? Underage drinking? Party's at thier house when they are gone? Not studying and getting the grades you most possibly could? Speeding and endangering not only yourself but others on the road? Those ar all things I am sure you have done, that would dissapoint your parents, so why would interacial dating be any different?

My parents, my girlfriend, my whole family and i all have the old fashion views and some of the new. 

Try not to hide behind old family values. Becuase if you do, you shouldn't be having sex with your girlfriend before mariage (which most likely you are) you shouldn't be dating without a chaperone, and you aren't supposed to live with them before you get married.

Dating whoever or however you want is totally up to you but in some areas it wont be accepted

Becuase of the attitudes that you help to keep alive by thinking there is something wrong with it.

and also interracial marriage and having gets it is hard to say how your kids would be accepted not knowing really if they are black or white, honestly what would you call yourself. your a mix breed, some would say impure.

as I said earlier, 90% of us in the us are mixed breed, and what do you mean by impure??? Please try to explain, becuase that is one of the most racist comments I have heard in a long time....

A) Even in my relationship and before it always had all sorts, black to white,of people at the house, hanging out in public, having fun and yes they are good enough to diserve my time, but to my i would rather not start a relationship.
B)Actually my parents dont disprove of anything that i do since i dont do anything that would give them a reason to disprove of. i am not a rebelist teen/young adult, find no reason to rebel. About the driving, dont drive fast at all or drangers since there are specialized tracks for that to be done at, so no need to do it on the real roads. Underage drinking, hate the test of beer, dad actually bought it for one bday.
C)I am a christian and hold the values that sex is reserved for marriage. my GF holds the same believes, we go to chruch every sunday and worship then and throughout the week. We go on dates alone and with other people, Chaperone, not needed if you are trusted and you are smart. she and i dont live together no plans yet, also seeing that se is 1000 miles away since we are both at school right now.
D)The ideas that i have are for me to decide and keep. i personally wouldnt date interracially but it doesnt bother me if someone else does it is their own life for them to live not me.
E)I did state some racist comments and i dont need to say i am sorry for making you feel hurt inside. Some blacks think that because of what happened in the past that today we should treat them better then we treat anyone else black or white. I believe in equal treatment and that is what i give to other people, now if their attitude comes out, same with white people, i shot them right back down.

edit: page 3 owned

A) Even in my relationship and before it always had all sorts, black to white,of people at the house, hanging out in public, having fun and yes they are good enough to diserve my time, but to my i would rather not start a relationship.

But you still didn't state WHY they aren't good enough to start a relationship with if they ARE good enough to be friends with.....Don't use the cop out of, its socially unacceptable, thats the way I was brought up or, I live in the south..why don't YOU think they aren't good enough. Copping out behind the, I just wouldn't, doesn't cut it as we all have reasons, good or bad.

B)Actually my parents dont disprove of anything that i do since i dont do anything that would give them a reason to disprove of. i am not a rebelist teen/young adult, find no reason to rebel. About the driving, dont drive fast at all or drangers since there are specialized tracks for that to be done at, so no need to do it on the real roads. Underage drinking, hate the test of beer, dad actually bought it for one bday.

well your just the perfect little child.....so you are telling me that you have not done at least three things which your parents would dissaprove of in your life? cmon now, you don't think that I'm THAT gullible now do you???

C)I am a christian and hold the values that sex is reserved for marriage. my GF holds the same believes, we go to chruch every sunday and worship then and throughout the week. We go on dates alone and with other people, Chaperone, not needed if you are trusted and you are smart. she and i dont live together no plans yet, also seeing that se is 1000 miles away since we are both at school right now.

read above comments.....

D)The ideas that i have are for me to decide and keep. i personally wouldnt date interracially but it doesnt bother me if someone else does it is their own life for them to live not me.

thats cool, but you still haven't stated WHY except that you parents would disapprove because thats how they brought you up, which really isn't a legit excuse.....

E)I did state some racist comments and i dont need to say i am sorry for making you feel hurt inside.

news flash: I am NOT black.....Have dated black and Puerto rican girls.......but I am not black. Have some very close friends who are black.

Some blacks think that because of what happened in the past that today we should treat them better then we treat anyone else black or white. I believe in equal treatment and that is what i give to other people, now if their attitude comes out, same with white people, i shot them right back down.

don't try and change the subject, we aren't talking about equal rights here, I am trying to find out WHY you harbor these feelings towards black women and why they are undesreving to date a specimen like yourself?

Originally posted by khrisb@Sep 23 2003, 07:00 PM
Wow.
I haven't realized how many people on this site are still living in the "good ole days". This is pretty disappointing...
Someone's race shouldn't matter in dating. And saying you aren't attracted to a certain race isn't racist. It's like saying I don't like redheads. It's not that you have anything against said race, you just don't find them appealing.
Some people have alot to learn...

:werd:

I didn't know how to put that, but that's what I'm saying about myself...although i dig redheads... :)

in all honesty, i dont care. i dont have to explain my oppinions they are stated and that is good enough. I hate alot of things and like alot of things. I hate bad attitudes from anyone, a persons attitude can change anything. i hate my car since there seems to be no power anywhere in it windows to engine. i like pie, lol.
there are white people then there is white trash
there are black people then there is niggers
and so on, there are educated people then there is scum. i may be racist, but it is the attitude from different people that is not needed, i am not saying that it is yours, it is many people of the world, maybe mine but i am open minded, say what you want to that i give you permission.

you may continue to quote me and place comments on stuff that you dislike and disapprove off, thats fine those are your oppinions of the world and these are mine. if you are trying to find fault in me go head it is not going to effect me in one way.

Originally posted by DazedCivic99@Sep 23 2003, 07:37 PM
in all honesty, i dont care. i dont have to explain my oppinions they are stated and that is good enough. I hate alot of things and like alot of things. I hate bad attitudes from anyone, a persons attitude can change anything. i hate my car since there seems to be no power anywhere in it windows to engine. i like pie, lol.
there are white people then there is white trash
there are black people then there is niggers
and so on, there are educated people then there is scum. i may be racist, but it is the attitude from different people that is not needed, i am not saying that it is yours, it is many people of the world, maybe mine but i am open minded, say what you want to that i give you permission.

you may continue to quote me and place comments on stuff that you dislike and disapprove off, thats fine those are your oppinions of the world and these are mine. if you are trying to find fault in me go head it is not going to effect me in one way.

:blah: You have no debating skilz.........

i wasnt debating. there is no point of it, in the end you will end up no where, just with tired out fingers from typing useless facts. and the point that someone was trying to better theirself.

:emofo: Tired fingers? all I wanted to know is why you think that Black girls aren't good enough to date and you couldn't answer with anything but, I just don't like them. If you want to be part of the big boy discussion, make sure you can dispute and back up your statements.....

Ok next time i will try and be a "big boy", but do i have to ask if it is alright?

Why dont i want to date a black girl, 1st I plan on marring who i am with right now hopefully, 2nd i honestly dont find them attractive.

I'm not black but i'm not white either and i think it's totally wrong, the way you say thing. shes attractive for a colored person? what the fuck dude you mean to tell me colored people are unattractive? If you think that way then you have a serious ego problem. I say go for it, cause in the end your parents will cope with her no matter if shes black, white or purple. Your parents want to see you happy and if she keeps you happy they won't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back