intriguing question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
I was standing in Wendy's and there was thsi manager guy standin there too, he looked at me and asked if i k new anything abotu cars, i said a little so he posed his question..

is it bad to mix the pos and neg cables to the terminals on the battery? I didn't know what to tell him.

Well if he puts both the negative and positive cable on the same terminal nothing will happen. The car will have no power. If he puts the negative on the positive and vice versa, he will flow current the opposite way that its supposed to go and fry every fuse and relay he has. Possibly worse, so no its not recommended, hehe.

Ok good cause I guessed and ended up telling him it'd start shorting all his electrical shit out.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Mar 17 2004, 09:36 PM
Ok good cause I guessed and ended up telling him it'd start shorting all his electrical shit out.

Good guess, it should have been common sense for him too, it obviously was for you

Shoulda been an ass and told him. "sure its no problem"
Anyone that has that little common sense shouldnt be underneath the hood of a car.

Back