Intro/Hose hook-up question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Derwundermut

Hello. I am the owner of a '96 Civic CX (lowest of the low), with D16Y7. I have just installed a newer engine (same number) with my old downdraft intake manifold. Some of my hose labels came off and I can't figure out where to reconnect them (most are obvious, others are not, for a first timer). Chilton's manual could have 9 or 10 pages of reference photos of the engine out of the car, diagramed for different systems...but it doesn't. I am an aircraft engine mechanic and so a lot of the stuff is similar, but the hoses are confusing me (and what is that black cartridge-like thing on the back of the block, next to the oil filter?). Also, the intake that the newer engine came with was the old side-draft type and so some of the hoses are of differing lengths. Not a problem if I can figure out where they go... any advice would be appreciated. Is there any place I can find some good reference photos with the hoses (and possibly electrical connections) labeled? Chilton's only shows the engine bay in a top down view. Many thanks...

Back