Iol light on but no sign of bad oil pump??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

theB16tegguy

I finnally got my car back on the road, I have a 90 rs integra with a B16, GSR cams, Y1 tranny, and a mugen spec ECU(4400 Vtec and the usual bipass of sensors... could be the problem), so here's the story, I was driving and my oil light started to fade in and out of bright red to low and sometimes it would go off. I took the oil cap off and it was spraying oil and I also puled the dipstick out and it had oil all up the stick so The pump seemes to be working, not to mention if it failed my valves should clack right? Please give me some things to try. I think the most obvious one is to get an oil pressure test done. But really I don't know. I've never heard off an oil pump going out so I'm kinda iffy about driving it, although it drives great. Thanks, respond ASAP please.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 1 2004, 04:23 PM
Did you check the oil level?

yeah, all the way up the stick???? Should be between the designated marks. I'm wondering if you overfilled it.

Originally posted by tab+May 2 2004, 07:54 AM-->
@May 1 2004, 04:23 PM

yeah, all the way up the stick???? Should be between the designated marks. I'm wondering if you overfilled it.

I think he checked it with the engine running....

I took the oil cap off and it was spraying oil and I also puled the dipstick out and it had oil all up the stick so

Oil doesn't spray out when the car is off.

Turn your car off to remove your oil cap, and let it sit for about five to ten minuntes then check the oil at the dipstick, with it OFF.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+May 2 2004, 04:52 AM-->
Originally posted by tab@May 2 2004, 07:54 AM
92b16vx
@May 1 2004, 04:23 PM

I think he checked it with the engine running....

I took the oil cap off and it was spraying oil and I also puled the dipstick out and it had oil all up the stick so

Oil doesn't spray out when the car is off.

Turn your car off to remove your oil cap, and let it sit for about five to ten minuntes then check the oil at the dipstick, with it OFF.

yeah I think he is saying thats what he did to see if the pump was working.

Originally posted by h82w8@May 2 2004, 03:38 PM

yeah I think he is saying thats what he did to see if the pump was working.

Except all that's going to tell you, is that the insides of the head are fling oil everywhere, as they spin at thousands of rotations per minute.

well now, ok yes I did this while the car was on so to clear that issue up. besides I've driven it for the last 4 days and nothing unusual has happened. So any other BRIGHT Ideas? Although my oil pan is dented...

Good news everyone. I actually got the of my lazy ass and checked the sensor. At first it seemed to be ok, but under closer survallence I noticed it was not plugged in all the way. Cool right? Well then this morning I started my car up and it idled fine I then gave it some gas put it in gear and started to go and uuummmph... it died. Well I checked all the wiring checked fuel pressure timing checked for seizing and everything. I thought about checking the dizzy but thoght nah... the motor only has like 40k on it... well I finnally said what the hell, I'll check it anyway and sure enough the coil pickup and the coil itself practicaly detonated. So now I'll fix that. It's amazing what shit can do to itself.

Ok never mind... the light is back on. By the way Vtec does engage and people seem to be telling mee if there is no oil pressure then Vtec will not kick in. So please help again.

Yeah i had an oil light that would flicker sometimes and yeah about 1month later, seized h22. the oil pan was bent thats why

Back