Iphone Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well, too bad... I would have a problem with fingerprints on ANYTHING... even screen protectors. It's a problem with my Nintendo DS... It gets smears, swipes, and fingerprints on it and I go apeshit and clean it like an obsessive compulsive maid. From what's been said, I think I'll keep the sk3, and in another year move on to something new... unless I come up on an LG Prada. :D

I hear there's no GPS for integrating with Google Maps? That's the one thing that has me disappointed enough to not buy one.

I know new phones have to have GPS integrated for safety regulations, so the fact that they don't give you access to it is upsetting. Live directions on the Google map you're viewing with turn-by-turn to that sushi place you just called would be the clincher for me.

I hear the firmware is nearly cracked already, hopefully they'll find a way to enable the GPS receiver. Then I'll pick one up.

Well, too bad... I would have a problem with fingerprints on ANYTHING... even screen protectors. It's a problem with my Nintendo DS... It gets smears, swipes, and fingerprints on it and I go apeshit and clean it like an obsessive compulsive maid. From what's been said, I think I'll keep the sk3, and in another year move on to something new... unless I come up on an LG Prada. :D

i'm the same way.. i hate finger prints, smears.. etc on my screen , i'm constantly cleaning the damn thing.. the 1.3 mp camera surprised me.. my motoROKR has the 2 mp cam.. i love it..

My lg that i got 2 Decembers ago has a 1.3 mega pixel camera....

:werd:

1.3 mp is on the low end... for a new edge phone they could have done better than that.

But the menu sure was fun to play with and, besides the GPS and camera, the features were great.

seriously, 1.3 MP is plenty of pixels for web images.
1.3 = 1280 x1024

thats standard 19" LCD monitor size.

its the fact that it still takes shitty pics that sucks.

I am contemplating returning it. I honestly feel 650 bucks should do more than it does. I am not dissing it because it is one hell of a phone. But it is 650 bucks that i could use to pay off the wedding hall instead of buying me a neat toy i guarentee i will break someday.

You guys have seen how my 1.3MP camera stacks up... I would have thought for that much they could have done better. I know it's sufficient for certain apps, but you need some better res for taking pictures.

At least you actually CAN take it back. :( Like a lot of things lately... most aren't living up to the claims or they're overrated before they come out. I sure would love my iPod if it could do some of the things the iPhone does... the interface looks awesome.

no, you don't.

megapixels is only worthwhile for stupid large images.

an 8 MP camera taking pics in 1280x1024 vs a 1.3 mp camera taking pics at 1280x1024 will produce the same amount of pixles, and thus resolution.

its the iris and lens that blow ass.... not the number of mega pixels.

the only time you need 8 mp is when you want to print out a 10x8 or some shit.

the best camera i have seen on a phone is the 2.0 mp on the blackberry curve. it takes amazing pictures. super clear, flash, lighting and zoom.

Everyone think megapixels is related to picture quality, wtf.
i'm not worried about the megapixels. i have a 1.3 on my razr and the 2.0 on the curve. the curve does have a better lens, it has a flash, and the zoom actually works. it makes for a better camera.

My Motorola RIZR (rocker) has a 2 mp camera and it takes good pictures. But i have a sony 8.1 mp for group photos, or events and such. The iphone has a butt load of features that makes it better than the curve or any other phone on the market. But this is for quick shots, maybe some buds at the bar, or up some chicks skirt. Hardly something i will use to publish in an art gallery.

no, you don't.

megapixels is only worthwhile for stupid large images.

an 8 MP camera taking pics in 1280x1024 vs a 1.3 mp camera taking pics at 1280x1024 will produce the same amount of pixles, and thus resolution.

its the iris and lens that blow ass.... not the number of mega pixels.

the only time you need 8 mp is when you want to print out a 10x8 or some shit.

then i stand corrected. lol. thanks for the info, b. i just learned somethin!

haha i phones are hot one problem
apple signed a five year contract with AT&T and the internet connection is not fast enough for the new phone so they work just as fast as a black berry and AT&T doens't give a fuck cause they have a signed deal and apple cant back out 50 billion dollar deal on the line if apple goes back on there deal they still have to pay AT&T
so not to knock you peps that have them but have fun with your 1500 dollar phone ..............LOL = i'm all set with my black berry

o- yeah and there going on ebay for 15 hundred now LMFAO
The reason it's slow isn't necessarily the fault of AT&T. Granted EDGE isn't very fast, Apple didn't bother to make it 3G compatible, which is fast, relatively speaking of course.

Back