iPhone ...what can I do with it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So T-Mobile said they can put their SIM card in it, and put it on the cheapo pay as you go 1500 minute plan without having a data plan for about $35 a month w0ot!

Uuuhhhggg, annoying. So contrary to what the person I spoke with a T-Mobile told me, since the phone was on ATT, it has to be unlocked, either by ATT, or other nefarious methods, and THEN it can be put on T-Mobile. Checking now if I can use it as a GoPhone on ATT ...

I now officially have an iGoPhone. $25 a month for unlimited text, and 250 minutes. I don't chat on the phone, at least not the cel, so it could be an ideal plan. There's no data, but it still gets online via wifi, so as long as I am near wifi it should act pretty much just like a iPhone. W0ot

With my old GoPhone it was $15 minimum to refill, and cost $3 a for a 24 hour period, so if I used it everyday, even just for one call it would be $90 a month, and each text cost $0.20. The similar new plan is "only" $2 for a 24 hour period. Then I recently changed it to $0.10 a minute calls, and $4.99 a month for 200 text. I think this 250 minutes and unlimited text is a hella better deal.

Last edited:
:thumbsup:

That's really not bad for what you get. Is mobile to mobile still free? Or are the minutes "pure" and used for everything?

You can still jailbreak and then unlock. It's not hard.

Nothing is free, you use the phone, it cost and they round up. Time starts from when you hit the call button, not when the other party answers, the good thing is if no one answer, and you hang up before voice mail, or answering machine picks up it cost nothing. Surfing the net can only be done around a wifi spot and doesn't cost anything.

I did jailbreak it, and submitted a code to ATT to unlock it, so I may switch once that goes through if I don't like this service.

Oh right, AT&T issued a statement a month or so ago that they would unlock iPhones that weren't on contract anymore as long as you still had an active contract with them. You can unlock it yourself too.

Yea, I guess they realized that people were going to do it anyway, so they might as well keep them on their service.

Yeesh. At least it's only another week or two- or you could do it yourself. ;)

So now I am having issues running some of the apps from the Apple App Store, not the apps from Cydia. For some reason Skype, Facebook Messenger, Gmail, Twitter, Skydrive, and Google Voice are not working. They try to start, but then just stop. When I installed them, they worked fine for a bit, and they were installed after I jailbroke the phone.

Any ideas? Settings to look at?

EDIT: So Skype needed an update, once I updated it, everything worked again ...what ...the ...fuck ...is going on? Smart Phone? I'm having my doubts.

Last edited:
Go and take the IPHONE outside and smash it. Those damn things are gonna grow some robotic legs and walk one day.:lolhammer:

Back