iPod freezing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

sooooooooo ive owned my ipod for about a year and 2-3 months. Its the 20gb white one blah blah. I use it quite a bit. Probably now more than ever, i walk to school 4 days a week and use it on the 15 min walk each way, sometimes a couple times a day.

I dont think its the battery, because it has no problem staying charged. First incident was last weekend, i plugged it into the alpine box that connects to my cars cd player, it began to play then stopped. I unplugged it from the Alpine unit and the "alpine" screen didnt go away like it usually does upon unplugging it. I let it sit and the battery died later, i recharged it, drove up here (2 hours) using it, then monday it did it again. I let it sit and the battery die, charged it and used it until today. Now, when i plug it into a charger, it doenst charge. Nothing on the screen shows that it recognizes being plugged in. The ipod wont charge when plugged in.

I have no clue what the fuck is going on, but this fucking thing is barely a year old and its fucking up... fucking apple.

my brothers did the same thing, it frooze for hours, and just started working again, wiat until you get the sad face on the screen, then it's absolutely dead. happened to my friends about a year after he bought it

my brothers did the same thing, it frooze for hours, and just started working again, wiat until you get the sad face on the screen, then it's absolutely dead. happened to my friends about a year after he bought it

i left it sitting and its dead now... going to recharge it and see what happens tomorrow....

no shit, a sad face appears?

call tech support. i was having issues with mine, and they showed me how to reset the system. you have to put it on lock for like 30 seconds, then hold the middle circle part and the stop button simultaneously. then voila, it fixes a lot of stuff. just call apple though, they are helpful.

Back