iPod Nano

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bumping a thread from the dead.

I just got the nano for christmas and its gorgeous. its so tiny too.

Does anyone have a site for a protector case, arm band, or belt clip?

I think I'll be getting the $20 aluminum case but I need to get a belt clip or arm band as well and I don't want to order from a sketchy company on ebay. The one that recked posted looked fishy and it was from the UK.

$80 Muvo FM 1 gig I bought 5 months ago for teh w1n.

Actually, scratch that. I had it in the Celica, so I had to have had it back in spring.

Quoted post[/post]]

Actually, scratch that. I had it in the Celica, so I had to have had it back in spring.

Where did you get that? Was it new?

I'm looking to get a mp3 player for the girlfriend thats cheap, perferabley under $100 and with 512mb. It needs to be tiny and lightweight so she can run with it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

I'm looking to get a mp3 player for the girlfriend thats cheap, perferabley under $100 and with 512mb. It needs to be tiny and lightweight so she can run with it.

Sony Bean. My mom got it for christmas from her new boyfriend. It's amazing. About 2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. and 3/4" narrow. I seriously want to jack it and keep it over my rio cali I got on woot.com that holds 1.25 gigs for 70 bucks.On ebay I'm guessing you could get one cheap, but on the sony site they run like 110+ shipping.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Sony Bean. My mom got it for christmas from her new boyfriend. It's amazing. About 2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. and 3/4" narrow. I seriously want to jack it and keep it over my rio cali I got on woot.com that holds 1.25 gigs for 70 bucks.On ebay I'm guessing you could get one cheap, but on the sony site they run like 110+ shipping.

how big is the rio cali if you got it for $70 bucks and it holds 1.25gigs?

She has a small rio right now but it only holds 64mb.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Yeah, I got it new... you can get them dirt ass cheap now. Like, $45 last I checked for the 1 gig.

It's very nice, and I keep it on me at ALL times. Wallet, Keys, Knife, MP3 player. It's a belt clipper, and it's the USB pendrive as well. That's why I have it on me all the time. It's got an armband strap (Which I don't use) and it's very easy to use / read. It's got a 2 line display, it's decent on batteries (I use and recharge my NIMH single AAA). It's loud, and it sounds great. On the worse note, it sometimes gets a firmware crash, and I have to simply plug it into any PC to reset it. (I don't use the included software, it just gets recognised as an external drive and it's good to go). (Happened 3 times so far after sitting for awhile.)

You have to get the FMTX model. I record shit off Satellite radio in the car (I record CoasttoCoast almost everynight and listen to it next day). It's got a voice recorder and records off of FM (Audiovox XC90 FM Modulated from XM)

Fuck Ipods. They are trendy and only serve as a status device.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Yeah, I got it new... you can get them dirt ass cheap now. Like, $45 last I checked for the 1 gig.

It's very nice, and I keep it on me at ALL times. Wallet, Keys, Knife, MP3 player. It's a belt clipper, and it's the USB pendrive as well. That's why I have it on me all the time. It's got an armband strap (Which I don't use) and it's very easy to use / read. It's got a 2 line display, it's decent on batteries (I use and recharge my NIMH single AAA). It's loud, and it sounds great. On the worse note, it sometimes gets a firmware crash, and I have to simply plug it into any PC to reset it. (I don't use the included software, it just gets recognised as an external drive and it's good to go). (Happened 3 times so far after sitting for awhile.)

You have to get the FMTX model. I record shit off Satellite radio in the car (I record CoasttoCoast almost everynight and listen to it next day). It's got a voice recorder and records off of FM (Audiovox XC90 FM Modulated from XM)

Fuck Ipods. They are trendy and only serve as a status device.

You got a link? It wasn't on any of the price grabber sites.

I've been thinking about getting this - it was sold out on black friday when it was only $40 and now I can't find it anywhere for even $50.
http://www.compuplus.com/i-SanDisk-Sansa-m...rabber.com.html

Quoted post[/post]]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16855603830

Got this one for my girl for her birthday, she's been using it pretty constantly for about 3 weeks and hasn't had a problem or complaint yet.

EDIT: It's pretty small, about 3" long, 2.5" wide, and about 3/4" thick.

Not bad, maybe a little bigger than she wanted but I'll have to look at it.

Quoted post[/post]]

Well I got it for 35 shipped and holds 256mb on woot.com I then ordered a $35 sd card from god knows where that I foudn on froogle. And now I have 1.25gigs of space for 70 bucks. But I still hate it and it fills up to fast for me, so I want an ipod.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Well I got it for 35 shipped and holds 256mb on woot.com I then ordered a $35 sd card from god knows where that I foudn on froogle. And now I have 1.25gigs of space for 70 bucks. But I still hate it and it fills up to fast for me, so I want an ipod.

Well that should be more than enough space for her.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

How did you fit that kind of memory on there?

My girlfriend has either the 64mb or 128mb version of the cali - I couldn't find it in anything other than 128mb listed online and it says you can use a card up to 512mbs so it would still be short of a gig by quite a bit. Did you just buy two 512mb cards or something or is there a way that you can use more than 512mb cards?

Quoted post[/post]]
I would imagine newer firmware supports larger cards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16855197002

Here's one that has no built-in memory but will support up to a 1GB card. There is a mail-in rebate and a discount if you buy the same brand card at the same time.

Thank you but I think that player is going to be too big.

Either I'm going to go for the 1gb you posted, but I'm not sure how big/heavy that sucker is for her or upgrade her Rio 128mb Cali sport - 512mb cards are like $45 from what I see tho and I can buy a new Sansdisk player with 512mb for like that price.

The JetAudio 1GB model that I bought for my g/f is smaller than a post-it note and a little over 1/2" thick. Probably close to 3/4". It's really quite small. Not very heavy either.

Back