Iraq = Vietnam???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just like the 5 year old jihadists... you gotta get em while they're young

You'll find many similarities between the DNC and extremist Islam

what really angers me about it is they would do it at the cost of our long term stability (see my prediction thread), it's very hard to get my head around the concept but they care more about gaining public opinion to cement their party's power then they do about the common American who fights and dies so that we can sit here safely and bitch about a $100 kicker check we may or not get

:concur:
they care more about public oppinion polls than they do about American lives or security... as long as they look good to the majority of people (who often dont know shit) they are happy...
absolute bullshit and the WRONG reason to do things

Which is why they are touting Obama as the coming of christ - he has little if no experience in anything presidential or in leadership - but he's slick, attractive, and young.

Also, I want you to all to notice who wears an american flag pin on their lapel: Hillary ? Obama ? Biden ?

Nope !

hillary is a power hungry bitch that would eat her own child to keep her ass in power
obama is a know nothing noname with a questionable background (which he happens to be too ashamed of to speak on) who's only "redeeming quality" is that ignorant know nothing bitches think hes "cute"... he has no leadership experience and for some unknown reason thinks that a month of service in the senate qualifies him for the position of the "most powerful man in te world"

this is not saying that the republicans are offering up anything better... this next presidential election will truely be a sad moment in American history

Norman Schwarzkopf and Colin Powell '08 or bust

Powell FTW, I saw him speak over the summer, turncoat my ass

honestly if Jessy Ventura runs I'd vote for him

metaphor: you have two kids fighting over a candy bar in the back seat of your car, both are acting like idiots about it, the parent take the candy bar away and gives it to the 3rd child who wasn't fighting over it. The result is all of a sudden everyone wants to play nice.

politicians should be treated like small children, 3rd party FTW

3rd party will never win, electoral college ensures that. Same reason Howard Stern will never win.

I wish I could properly state how dangerous a 3rd party is.

metaphor: you have two kids fighting over a candy bar in the back seat of your car, both are acting like idiots about it, the parent take the candy bar away and gives it to the 3rd child who wasn't fighting over it. The result is all of a sudden everyone wants to play nice.

politicians should be treated like small children,

abso-fucking-lutely

I'm going to guess you didn't actually read the quote, that, or you eat paint...

as much as you refuse to believe it the truth is Iraq's current government was elected by the people

If you think that Iraq was about oil
If you think that Iraq is a mistake
If you think that Iraq is a ploy to win presidencies
If you think that Iraq is about some personal grudge
And if you think that we will never win in Iraq,

IraqVote-thumb.jpg

2005_10_15_armyphoto-iraq_20_600.jpg

ITM%20fingers.jpg

2005_10_15_iraq_const_1127_600.jpg

FingerC.jpg

020705iraqivoter.jpg

220px-Iraqi_voters_inked_fingers.jpg

These people want to show you their finger, I want to show you a different finger, assholes.

I think you misconfused me.

I said the AINTI war movement is politically motivated to help win an election. It is very true that some on capitol hill want us out for the safety of the troops. I oppose this on the grounds that it will trade long term troop safety for short term troop safety which seems like a bad trade.

But the majority of left wingers on capitol hill see the Iraq war as an opportunity to show Bush as a failure, not Bush's policies (some of which have done that on their own), but Bush as a President, which reflects on the GOP

what is sad is those people (and people who want us out because they believe one of many unfounded imperialism or other conspiracy therioes), really don't care about the larger scope of what happens if we cut and run. They only see the effects 4 months from now, and miss the obvious truth of what would probably happen 4 years from now

oh no, I didn't confuse you.

I can argue and deliver talking points on many issues. I can counter the whole Iraq / oil connection with argument, I can counter the whole conspiracy theory / Bush thing with patience

But when people think that we have done nothing, I want to flip. We allowed the first democratic votes in a muslim culture in human history, and these people dodged bullets to get out and vote. There were roaming gangs of people killing people for going to vote. They were being hunted down for their finger ink

And they still did it. Americans find themselves not voting because it's not convenient enough. I believe our efforts of democracy in Iraq is WELL worth it, and the people have shown us that they appreciate every second of freedom.

1.72 trillion dollars is it ? Well spent guys. I think it's worth every penny.

i gotta say, it all comes down to this country is full of a bunch of lazy ass people, i was depressed as all hell the first time i ever voted, i was 18 and i voted for bush. i waited around for 3 hours to get in and vote, the only other person i saw in there that was close to my age was around 28. do you know how fucking sad that is??? this country is going to hell because nobody cares anymore. i always here kids at my school say how much they hate this country and how crappy it is here and it makes me want to rip their heads off and spit down their throats. i support our troops and i support pres. bush, i don't give a shit what anybody says, i still can't get the image of the twin towers falling and i still believe bush made the right desicion when he sent troops over. fuck the haters if they hate this country so much we should send them to go live in ethiopia.

i gotta say, it all comes down to this country is full of a bunch of lazy ass people, i was depressed as all hell the first time i ever voted, i was 18 and i voted for bush. i waited around for 3 hours to get in and vote, the only other person i saw in there that was close to my age was around 28. do you know how fucking sad that is??? this country is going to hell because nobody cares anymore.

nope most people don't care. And it's the people who don't vote, and don't educate themselves on the issues that want to be the first to complain and point fingers at those who are commiting their lives to the American cause.

nope most people don't care. And it's the people who don't vote, and don't educate themselves on the issues that want to be the first to complain and point fingers at those who are commiting their lives to the American cause.
true indeed... i see it all the fucking time... :(
the really sad part is that most of the ones i know that are like that dont even want to be any other way... they dont want to educate themselves on what the hell is actually happening... they dont even want to educate themselves enough to form their own oppinion... they just regurjitate whatever the popular knee jerk bullshit phrase of the day is with no way of backing up their statements because they dont even know why they just said it... so when you try to get them to explain themselves and their "oppinion" they have nothing to say... then when you try to get them to educate themselves, they express nothing but apathy and flat out fucking laziness... i dont mind if someone wants to disagree with me and my oppinions as long as they can back up their position and give me REAL reasons for why they feel that way (sabz for instance... i dont always agree with him but i respect him and his oppinions because he at least takes the time to educate himself and form his own stand... even if hes wrong ;) )... at least then you can have an educated discussion about your thoughts and oppinions and not have to deal with
"bush is a doodoo head"
"what makes you say that?"
"i dunno... he just is"

oh well fuck it im just rambling now.......

Back