Irratic Idle problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stivic

Just did the y8 swap back in my 98 ex. It starts up just fine but has an idle problem. It surges up and down really fast. It has the IAC code 14. I'm using the P2P ECU and I also have an OBD2 P72 I've been trying to see if it runs any better.
I noticed it's a complete y8 swap with obd2 wiring harness but the Intake manifold and injectors are all OBD1 I had to change the injector clips over. Could this be a problem. This is a pic of 1 coolant line coming from the OBD1 intake manifold that I just plugged up because I couldn't find where it went.
obd1intakemanifold.jpg

ok nvm about the IAC code its only throwing the oxygen sensor code now but that shudn't cause the idle to surge right?

while the car is running spray carb cleaner around the base of the intake manifold and anything else attached to it.. ie: vacuum lines, throttle body, IACV, FITV if you have one.. if it starts to die out .. it has a leak where you sprayed when that happened

I'm trying to compare it to my D16Z6 in my EG and it has that T pipe that runs all the lines together from the top of the valve cover and the line pictured and they go 1 into the intake and 1 into the FITV. On my Y8 I'm using the Z6 intake manifold but the FITV already has a hose going under the IM in that same spot.

Maybe I need to use the Y8 manifold does it not use that hose I have pictured and blocked off?

Back