Is 6500 too much for asking price?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EDIT: Here's the description of a car that I'm thinking about buying. Do you guys think that it's overpriced?

Interested in whip with similar description 2000 honda ex 45000 on engine 104,000 miles on body

Interior:
Front and rear Si seats, skunk2 shift knob, oem type r shift boot. The interior is in perfect condition, 10/10; no rips, tears, stains etc. All windows and power options work like new. It has a pioneer cd mp3 player.

Wheels/suspension:
15” black rota slipstreams wrapped in sumitumo tires 195/50/15. In ideal condition, no bends or imperfections. The car is lowered on kyb agx struts with skunk 2 coilovers. Front and rear camber kit. Rear lower dc sports tie bar and front upper strut bar.

Engine:
2001 b18b swap with 45,000 miles. Skunk2 pro series intake manifold, Apexi world sport exhaust. AEM intake, msd spark plug wires, new fuel filter, new brakes, competition stage 2 clutch, new oem flywheel, new ac compressor and reciever drier, and a recent alignment. The car is converted to OBD1 with a jumper harness and OBD1 ls ecu chipped. There are no oil leaks like many other Hondas, it does not burn a drop of oil. Great on gas !

Last edited by a moderator:
i wouldn't pay more than $5000 for any honda or integra.

value is 100% dependent on the person buying it. someone might only pay $5k, and someone might pay $8k for the same exact car.

BUMP....I think it's worth ALOT less...but hey what do I know maybe its' cuz I don't want to shell out the cash for it, you guys let me know

i think it's on the pricey side too.

ls swap, knock off wheels, and some cosmetics don't make the car very appealling to me. and for 6500, you can get an itr swapped or a gsr turbo civic

A 00' Si can be nabbed for about that price and given the choice Id take the stock Si over the swapped any day.

Look at it like this.. I've found this to be true in most cases. Its worth what KBB says its worth. Aftermarket stuff doesn't add much value to a car, if any.. and in most cases will decrease the value. 99% of the car buying world will look at it and think "That car is being torn up". Not that it really is, but when I see a lowered swapped honda for sale I think "that car has had a really rough life" You know grandma doesn't drive it to church on sundays.

That being said, there is a 1% market of kids who want to buy modified hondas. The trouble is, 98% of those kids don't have the money. So, the kid who has the money does exist, and he will pay over book, but you've got to find him. And that takes a while. If you're looking to sell the car in the next 6 months, ask book price.

I see what you mean, it's not my car to sell though It's a car being sold I"m interested in buying...now I'm thinking of a nice way to tell the owner they're buggin on the price

Sheeeeit, I'll sell you my 2000 Si for $5500! Interior is mint, 25-35k miles on the replacement JDM B16A. Needs ball joints, a wheel bearing, and a dent pulled...

That cars a little pricey.

I have a brand spanking new OEM honda 2000 Si wheel bearing sitting in a box. Make me an offer I cannot refuse!

I see what you mean, it's not my car to sell though It's a car being sold I"m interested in buying...now I'm thinking of a nice way to tell the owner they're buggin on the price

If you're not actually selling something here, then there's no need for this to be in the classifieds area. I'm moving it to the lounge...

I stopped reading at "whip".

I find it interesting that the guy wants to trade for a "whip" with a similiar description to the one he's trying to get rid of. Uhhhh...why not just keep it then? To me, this ad says: "Hey, I beat the shit out of my swapped Civic, so now I want to try and trade it for one that's in nicer shape"...

I find it interesting that the guy wants to trade for a "whip" with a similiar description to the one he's trying to get rid of. Uhhhh...why not just keep it then? To me, this ad says: "Hey, I beat the shit out of my swapped Civic, so now I want to try and trade it for one that's in nicer shape"...
Fucking Haiti man, I'm telling you. There is some voodoo shit going on in his car.

Back