1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is a 13.0 or 12.9 possible with this combo?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by integrawow, Jan 9, 2006.

1. integrawow

integrawow Member

I have been noticing on several forums including this one where people have claimed that with a stock LS B18 in a 92-95 civic hatch (dx), and utilizing a 75hp wet shot, that 12.9's are possible. Need some clarification on this. If this is so, then I guess that my next project will consist of this combination. They do claim to have had slicks though.

2. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

do it and find out.

3. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

4. integrawow

integrawow Member

Several people have claimed that these elapsed times are do'able, but I was just wondering if it was just a bunch of bullsh#t. Or maybe someone that has tried this combo can tell something like hell no, or yes it is easy to hit 13.0's with that combo. I should have asked if anyone was running that particular combo or not.

5. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

Its definitely possible...just need a serious tune for that to hit 13 flat.

6. integrawow

integrawow Member

A "TOOOOOOON?" Or what if I simply just install a kit for that model and application, and leave the TOOOOOOON'ing part up to the reputation of the manufacturer of the nitrous kit? You're saying that I should TOOOOOOON the fuel and ignition curve to make my way to the 13.0 or sub-13 second zone, but all of the people that have made posts that claim that they have done this, have also said that they did it with a stock LS engine.

Thanks for your reply. And yes, a good tune is important. I just figured that I could have a little fun with the word tune by writing TOOOOOOON. HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

7. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

I don't even think Car & Driver could pull that one off. Just my .02
    I used to have a B18B1 stock LS in an Integra I know the Teg is heavier but I think
    you are looking too low on the elapsed times.

8. integrawow

integrawow Member

We're talkin about using a 75hp wet shot, not all-motor. But if I was wondering what it would run without nitrous, I figure with a short-geared B16 tranny, I should, and definitely should run 14.7.

9. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

there was just a video posted of an H22 with what i believe was a 75 shot in a civic coupe and he ran a 13.05 and a 12.98 or something like that...

look in the multimedia section for the video...

10. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

I understand what you were saying a stock block with a 75 shot yeah I get it.
    12.9 or 13.0 I really doubt it but like I said it's just my .02 I have been proven wrong many times before
    I was just giving my opinion. Whatever it is your smoking give me some.

11. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

yeah...it is going to be difficult, and probably impossible without some serious...what........TOONING (dont knock it, the manufacturers are in it for money, not safety, bro)

12. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

"rely on the reputation of the manufacturer".......BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA please do it!!! pleaseeeeeeeeeeee and film it too, so i can watch you blow your motor off one bottle of nitrous. hey the stainless steel braided lines that are CUSTOM fit, might save your bottom end.. im sure they help step retard timing.

last i checked companys dont warranty based on their reputation here on hondaswap.

13. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

TOUCHE

14. integrawow

integrawow Member

Okay, here's the safe way to run a 75hp wet shot: (most of this a little overboard though)
    -93+ octane gas
    -2 degrees of timing retard (many claim that they didn't have to do this)
    -colder heat range plugs (maybe)

SIMPLE! IT GETS NO MORE COMPLICATING THAN THAT! But if excessively lean conditions occur, you may want to invest in high flow fuel pumps and injectors and a fuel regulator and things like that.

*It is also important to know that most manufacturers design kits that will get the most horsepower using the stock fuel system and sometimes the stock timing curve.

*And believe it or not, I have enough lifelong knoweledge of nitrous that I really do not need to buy a kit from a manufacturer, because I can easily make my own. The most important rule to follow though when using nitrous, is to use it wisely, and to know what the heck you are doing.

I know alot about nitrous, but I have never used it on a civic hatch with an LS motor.

15. jimboburgess

jimboburgess Go fast, Go Cheap

I ran close to 15flat on a stock LS in a Hatch, i would say possible but requires more than just an engine/N20 good tires and a good driver are needed

16. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Yes, with good driving a stock B18 with a 75 shot could make it to 13 flat in a Civic with drag slicks.

17. hotrex

hotrex Senior Member

on a 75 shot and nothing else i smell a whole lot of low 14 second passes and then some broken ringlands

18. phunky.buddha

19. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

In the February 2003 issue of SCC, Shami Aiwase pulled a 12.60 at 107mph @ Baytown Texas, with a bone stock LS and a NX 75-shot wet kit in a bone stock EG hatch. She later pulled an 11.63 at 123mph with the same setup, minus nitrous, plus a T3 and a golden eagle block gaurd. Keep in mind that Baytown is only 10ft above sea level.

Thats about as close as your going to get viable information. Not to say that everything that SCC is 100% true, but it's printed, which makes it better than hearsay.

But who knows, you could drive the same car and not be able to pull past a 15 all day long. Depends on too many factors.

But it can be done.

20. phunky.buddha

If it was about Shami and Jason- I believe it. Those two are capable of some crazy stuff.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted