is a b20a even worth it??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

willus72

okay i have been trying to work out the best swap for my 93 civic lx (4 door). then i found out i am starting school in a few months and i decided to scrap the swap idea ($$) and just build a ricer for the shows. but earlier today my moms boyfriend (car dealer) got a 3rd gen prelude as a donor car and offered the engine to me. i got exiced said id take it thinking it was an h22a. after i got home i got on the computor and started looking...i found out its a b20a. so now what? is it even worth my tome and money to stuff it in the civic? It has to be better than my d15b but im not sure if much. oh and on top of things i just found out that PA is going to start emissions testing in april. if i do do the swap will i even be able to pass emissions? should i take the engine for free or should i just hold off and go all show or wait a few years and swap?

thanks

Not worth it. The b20a is pretty much good for nothing. If anything maybe consider a mini me swap. Do a search and see if that sounds like something that may suit your needs.

not worth it

the B20A is the bastard child of the B series

fuck that engine

yeah, i had that lovely piece of trash motor in my 90 prelude- it's just bad in so many ways-

To swap that engine in your car you would have to drop out of school to work 2 jobs. OH yeah, you would be walking for a long ass time.

well then...in case you ever run out of TP, you're set!

that or if you have some papers you need to hold down.

or a door you need to prop open.

There's nothing wrong with the B20 other than it's not a swap to put into a Civic (there's no mounting kits that I know of) and that there is no aftermarket for it. You can still do a custom turbo kit or put nitrous (for you current 3rd gen owners) in it like anything else. You can do all motor too though your options are way more limited.

For swapping into a Civic? Not recommended at all. Come over to preludepower.com though and see what a 3rd gen Prelude is all about. if you still don't like/want it, sell it to someone how can appreciate a rare gem of a car.

lol- you brought some diehard B20A5 lovers out of the woodwork with your insults :p

Not really. I'm now running with an H22. I just wanted other 3rd gen lude owners to know that they aren't stuck with a crapbox. It can be boosted and tuned to run 250+hp with stock internals (tuning is the key). There's just not many people that have taken the time and money to do it this way. There have been many to boost but not give it any real tuning and of course blow up their motors.

Originally posted by willus72@Feb 10 2004, 06:39 PM
but earlier today my moms boyfriend (car dealer) got a 3rd gen prelude as a donor car and offered the engine to me. i got exiced said id take it thinking it was an h22a. after i got home i got on the computor and started looking...i found out its a b20a. so now what?
thanks
[post=271706]Quoted post[/post]​

Pull out the crankshaft and send it to me. :)

Originally posted by civicious+Oct 27 2004, 12:03 PM-->
daily interlude
@Oct 27 2004, 10:49 AM
I just wanted other 3rd gen lude owners to know that they aren't stuck with a crapbox.  It can be boosted and tuned to run 250+hp with stock internals (tuning is the key).  There's just not many people that have taken the time and money to do it this way.  There have been many to boost but not give it any real tuning and of course blow up their motors.
[post=408013]Quoted post[/post]​

where do you people come from?!?!
[post=]Quoted post[/post]​

Where do we people come from....

Well, we are hiding in our own little worlds. But hiding in our own little worlds is what most people do. You're probably hiding in yours and that's why you don't know much about the B20 other than hearsay. I'm not trying to poke at you...it's just that you seem to not have any idea about B20a's...

Someone happened to be searching here and posted it in preludepower.com. I figured I would enlighten some people that don't really know about our car...

Yeah, that's real mature. You're engine is NOT the prelude b20 so what's your point? You still haven't proved you know anything about a b20a.

And grow up with the name calling...what a way to share some not so useful knowledge

civicious and daily interlude...please stop arguing with each other. if you 2 argue in this thread again, i am going to lock it and warn both of you.

and let's just be easy with the uneducated about teh b20a5

i've been there and done that homie :) i used to post over a preludepower.com once in a while back when i had my 3rd gen

I wasn't trying to be smart even. But I'll call it a day on this issue. Back to the thread at hand...

Don't waste your time trying to put it into a civic! ;)

BTW, what you driving now, slammed90lude?

Originally posted by daily interlude@Oct 27 2004, 03:02 PM
Someone happened to be searching here and posted it in preludepower.com. I figured I would enlighten some people that don't really know about our car...
[post=408174]Quoted post[/post]​

I applaud your input. It's always good to have input from people with uh... less popular setups. I hope you stick around on this board.

:thumbsup:

Back