is a break-in necessary?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

c!v!c

elite crew
I'm in the process of putting a B16A SiR-II into my Civic, and I've seen some stuff around about limiting RPMs for a long time, and then pissedoffsol says take the car to a dyno and get it tuned... but I've gotta drive this car all of the time, and I certainly don't have the money to get my car dyno tuned, I spent all my cash on the motor.

What I don't get is why a break-in is necessary since the motor has been used before, and nothing has been changed internally, it's a simple swap. Or am I just reading wrong and the break-in stuff is for motors with new parts?

well this is just me but if its a used motor i would put about 100-200 miles on it then i would drive it like normal, or whatever

yeah i wouldent do a complete "break-in" run on it, just drive like a grandma for a few miles and see how everything is working, leaks ect. then drive it like smokey and the bandit:ph34r:

If the engine is completely stock and running the correct ECU for the engine, there's no reason to tun it no a dyno.

Thats what I did, I got a motor from hmotorsonline, it already had maybe 25,000 miles on it and after it went in I let it run for a while sorted out the issues and then started driving it like It like I use to drive it.

Back