is afi not the badest band ever?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVENGED

Banned
I just got back from seeing AFI in jacksonville at the warped tour along with rancid (BADASS) drop kik murpheys and many many more. AFI put on the best show with rancid following close behind in second place. they just have that something no other band has please reply if you agree or disagree.

c'mon brian just because you listen to hip-hop and try to be african american doesnt mean you cant appriciate good music. :p AFI did put on the best show of any band there. I'd say there were a good two thousand people screaming AFI. It was religous.

I should have been there, goddamnit! But I have seen them before and they r0x0rz the hizzle for shizzle.

Originally posted by Luke6@Jul 29 2003, 01:47 AM
c'mon brian just because you listen to hip-hop and try to be african american doesnt mean you cant appriciate good music. :p AFI did put on the best show of any band there. I'd say there were a good two thousand people screaming AFI. It was religous.

actually, im not really into hip hop that much. im into metal and trance. go figure

oh, and 2000 people screaming AFI is just fucking gay.

how about 75,000 people screaming Die!, Die!, Die! at the last metalica show during creepign death :)

they were screaming at Metallica to die for being such douches.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Jul 29 2003, 01:09 AM
i'm with B.

there's a shocker! Got any more news flashes, Tom Brokaw?

Judging from your pictures, I would say you listen to Cash Money Brothers or some shit that was all the rage for a week.

lol...dude afi has been around what 1/8th the time metallica has been. AFI is more than music, they are a force. Their message board got 30,000 post a day before sing the sorrow even came out. They are a community. I'm going to get a lot of stupid remarks due to this post, but afi fans know what i'm talking about. If you see someone with an afi shirt on you give them a nod or start talking to them. If they have a despair faction shirt on you deffinately talk to them. It's a cult almost.

afi wasnt mainstream then, they had no air play on the raido and no music videos. 30k post is a massive following for an underground band who only has CDs on indie lables. A local radio dj said it best, "if you see them you are a fan, end of story"

I have to give it to them that AFI has a lot of talent in their band, but I just don't find their music appealing. I liked their earlier music, but I don't find sing for sorrow having any good songs compared to their older shit. I mean a bunch of punks pounding on drums, playing crazy metal chords over and over again, screaming at the top of their lungs, defying practically everything they can. I dunno, just not my style. Gets old fast.

Just my $.02

i hate punk music.

but from what i know of it,

mxpx > mustard plug > less than jake > just about every other punk band > afi

you totally lost me on the punk kids pounding on drums. Maybe in the very proud of ya-answer that era, but deffinately not anything post 1997, their music has great structure and meaning. Most of their music serves a deeper perpous. It's almost like davey is telling a story that progresses with each album.

But the point of this thread was to talk about how good they are live. And omfg were they good. When davey crowd walked it was freaking cool as hell.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 29 2003, 01:31 AM
i hate punk music.

afi isnt punk music, they are afi.

If you can name three bands that sound like any of their post 1997 stuff i'll be impressed. I doubt you could name one though. I've been in the punk scene since i was like 12 and i cant name any.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 29 2003, 02:31 AM
i hate punk music.

:werd:

Pennywise and Bad Religion are defenitly up there too.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 29 2003, 01:25 AM
30,000 people can be wrong.

hello and welcome to hootie and the blowfish, and the spice girls.

lol, good one. nothing can be defined as one thing anymore, AFI = east bay hard core, Anti-Flag = political punk, Good Charlotte, Blink 182 = pop punk, etc....this thread is getting old fast.

My favorite band probably has to be Choking Victim. I think the way they use satire and sarcasm is completely hilarious. It cracks me up. For those who have listen to their cd No Gods, No Managers before some of their songs, this politicion speaks and what he says is completly true.

If you've never heard of em, check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back