is afi not the badest band ever?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just can;t get into their music. granted they have a few songs i like, but i still dont like then as a whole.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 29 2003, 12:39 AM
afi fucking sucks boner cock. worst band ever.

:withstupid:

sellout punk bands that are not greenday four years ago suck...

Older NOFX and Lagwagon own AFI, Slayer owns AFI, hundreds of bands make them look like what they are, an average punk band.

theres one difference between afi and every other punk band.
afi songs have meaning. every other punk band sings about nothing.

i love good ole punk music just as much as any other guy. but there songs dont mean anything. how many songs can you hear about someones ex girl before you just dont care anymore, i mean really.
90% of punk songs are about girls, skating, politics, or being punk.

i just go into AFI and then saw them at Warped Tour. while they didn't put on the best show imho (Face to Face did), they were still awesome. They sounded just as good as on cd.
The main reason I like AFI is because of their lyrics. Go read some of Black Sail In Sunset or Art of Drowning. And then find another band, punk or metal, that can write like that. I can't. Not even my favorite band Seven Mary Three can. Or even MxPx, who I think is the best punk band. (btw MxPx and Lagwagon rocked last years Warped Tour).
too bad the lead singer of AFI is a flaming fag...

DropKick Murphy's kick some serious Ass. Sure they slur everything they say and sound like goats nuts, but that guitar man oh man, its awesome!

and then we have the guy who is gonna be "cool" and say op ivy lol

Originally posted by Prowler@Jul 29 2003, 01:28 PM
too bad the lead singer of AFI is a flaming fag...

:werd: I can't stand his fucking voice. If he just shut his screechy little girls voice, their music would actually be somewhat tolerable.

punk is alright most of the time, it is somewhat the majority of what i listen to. i hate the EMO punk and a good porprotion of the punk music is that EMO crap. Even though i listen to the punk music doesn't mean that i dress like a punk poser that think they are hardcore and dress like they are wearing clothes that are old and that smell bad, surf wear is my chose or whatever girls say is cool...
Afi is a good band for the most part
Now a good band is Phish, lol j/k

Originally posted by micah@Jul 29 2003, 05:17 PM
screechy little girls voice? apparently youve never listened to afi.....

I have three AFI cd's. Sounds like he got his fucking balls cut off.

Days of the Phoenix, 3 To 6, Wester, Malleus Maleficarum, God Called In Sick Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back