1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is b16 ecu ok on gsr engine?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by lohonda, Oct 23, 2004.

1. lohonda

lohonda Member

My friend has a gsr block with a b16 head on it. He is currently using a b16 ecu for his engine. I was wondering if that is ok since his engine is 1.8 liters and his ecu is for 1.6 liters. Is there going to be enough fuel for it, or should he get a gsr ecu? Just wanted to see if it is dangerous for him to be doing that.

Thanks.

2. AllMotorMonster

AllMotorMonster Senior Member

It'll run a bit lean, but it's do-able.

The GSR ecu would be better

3. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

Unless I'm mistaken, it won't open his secondaries either.

4. lohonda

lohonda Member

He has a b16 head on it though so it has the b16 intake manifold, not the gsr.

Also he said that he has yet to hook up the knock sensor, so he has a code for that. So does not having the knock sensor hooked up put it in limp mode or anything else that would limit the performance of it?

He hasn't hooked up the knock sensor yet because his last ecu had a chip that removed the knock sensor, and he hasn't hooked it up yet.

5. AllMotorMonster

AllMotorMonster Senior Member

Once again, you're making us San Diegans look bad.

Please READ the entire THREAD before posting such a reply. This would make everyones life so much better.......

6. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

IMO, not enough fuel. Chip the ECU or get a GSR ECU and be donw with it. a 1.8 uses a good bit more fuel than a 1.6.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted