is b16 stroker worth it ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

n/a123

i was wondering if a b16 would be a good engine to install a crower stoker kit on ?

Last edited:
that's a very expensive way to build a LSVTEC. but it's your money. i'd track down a b20 and build a CR-VTEC. that'd make me smile.

definately b20 block. its already 20% bigger, and with high compression pistons, oil lines, catch tank, and a nice vtec head, you got yourself a monster vtec machine.

of course its never as good as oem honda engine, and will burn some oil

i heard the b20/vtec isn't as fast as the ls/vtec

i heard the b20/vtec isn't as fast as the ls/vtec

How do you figure that? The ls/vtecs and crvtec dont rev as high as a stockvtec motor because the ls and B20 have a longer stroke than the vtec motors. But a Franked motor still makes good horsepower.

more cc = more power down low , thats what moves a car , its really depends on what b20 you get , one is low compb20b one is high compb20z , also tunning is very inportant when going from 1.6 to 2 liters . on your original post the crower kit is very good quality but very pricey

which b20 block should i use and which transmission

Either one really, and for a tranny it all depends on what you want. If you want longer gears (less shifting and better mpg) go wit an LS tranny, if you want shorter gears (quicker accel, with the with slightly less mpg) go with a B16 tranny, and then the GS-R tranny is right in the middle of the two, which many people consideer the best all-around tranny.

b20z 98 to 01 crv 9.6 c.r , as for tranny (efkid is right. which tranny depends how you really want the car to be ) personally i like the b16 with an ls 5th gear

no idea , but b20b is 8.8 cr sotck vrs the b20z at 9.6 cr stock , a mildly tuned b20zvtec , should give around 200hp very easily . just don't rev it to high

whats the average cost of building a b20/vtec that gives around 200 horse power

A ITR head would be the best since it has more aggressive cams and flows better than the GS-R or B16, but the B16 heads are more common and will be easier to find than the other two, thus making it cheaper.

i know where to get a type r head brand new for 1600 and it brings every thing

Honestly I would never pay that much for just a head. You can pick up complete swaps all day for that much.

honestly its best to figure out what your budget is for this car, and what you will really be doing with the car . then decide what you really want to build . if its a nice quick daily driver a simple b16 swap provides alot of fun for realitivly little money . if money is no object . shoot for the moon , just remember alot of money doesn't make a fast car

The b16 stroker kits can be a good route to go. We used this kit in ones guys car and it was a beast! Think about it if you have the b16 block already to dont have to go out and spend $500-$600 on a b20 bottom end that has sissy rods and cant rev out reliably. I forgot what the kit cost but it is very affordable and you get bearings that are matched up for the crank and everything. Its a really good deal.
Peak Performance - ENG19KIT Honda B16A 1.9 Liter Engine Kit

Back