is b16 stroker worth it ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

and what the peak performance kit cost boostin4fun 2 to 3 times what a stock b20 costs

I wasnt trying to say that it is the cheapest option. But if you are trying to build a reliable setup the extra money is worth it. By the time you spend money for another block and invest in aftermarket rods and pistons you could have payed for the kit. Thats is all that I am saying. Stock b20 bottom ends are not reliable in the long run when you are reving them out.

About the same. The B20Z is the JDM motor so it will have a slightly higher C/R.

no idea , but b20b is 8.8 cr sotck vrs the b20z at 9.6 cr stock , a mildly tuned b20zvtec , should give around 200hp very easily . just don't rev it to high
the B20B and B20Z compression ratios go by 'years' and not 'JDM' and 'USDM' like most of the other B-Series motors...

96-98 JDM and USDM B20B's are the same and the 99-00 JDM and USDM B20Z's (however, I think the 99-00 JDM B20's are also called B20b's and not z's) are the same... http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30027

Honda-Tech.com: Tech/Misc: B20B VS B20Z... The truth told, lets end the rumors

A ITR head would be the best since it has more aggressive cams and flows better than the GS-R or B16, but the B16 heads are more common and will be easier to find than the other two, thus making it cheaper.
the ITR uses a factory ported B16 head so saying that it flows better is wrong. Technically your right but the money you save buying a stock b16 head, instead of an ITR head, you can use towards a more aggressive port job and other parts as well.

The GS-R head only flows a little less CFM's in the top end when compared to the b16 head but the GSR head also has smaller combustion, therefore giving you a slightly higher compression ratio.

My main point is that when it comes to a 'build,' neither of the heads are going to be 'better' than the other since they are all gonna have changes one way or another. The arguments can only be made if everything is going to remain in factory/stock form. Which is not the case for the topic starter...

Last edited:
Back