Is battery acid bad?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

My damn wireless mouse for my laptop has been going on and off periodically today and i couldnt figure out why. well i was siting here eating and messing with the mouse when i noticed some clear oil stuff on the mouse. i didn't know where it came from, and like a dumbass i smelled it, then tasted it. hahaa, well it was from the AA batteries i the mouse apparently, and it burned the shit out of my tongue. I rinsed it under the faucet for a while, but it still burns a little. it was all over my hands also but never burned at all, and i washed everything up pretty well.

what the hell is inside those things, and is that basically all i can do is wash it off?

of course it's bad, has eating acid ever been good. prolly messed up your mouse also
trymaking a paste of baking soda and water and cleaning the corrosion off with a toothbrush

nothing's corroded inside the mouse, i already looked at it. i just can't figure out how to get it all out. i wiped it with a towel inside and got most of it, but it has an oily feel to is, so i dont know if it will dry up on its own

If you didn't feel it, you didn't get it. Don't worry.

It's a pretty immediate effect. Drink some milk, you'll thank me later.

i didnt feel it on my hands, but i sure as hell did on my tongue. Why drink the milk? I didn't swallow any, just touched it to my tongue

if its a little, it wont kill you. and it depends on the battery that determines its content.

drink some milk and a lot of water, you should be fine. if feel weird call the posion control center.

Probably watching too much movies where they find some liquid on the ground, smell it, taste it, then somehow knows what it is. :p

Poison Control Center: "Hello, PCC. How can we help you?"

Dustin: "I just consumed a little battery acid"

PCC: "How much?"

Dustin: "Just a taste"

PCC "What else do you do after that?"

Dustin: "I went to a Honda forum and got their advice. I've been drinking milk and was told to eat some baking soda"

PCC: "A Honda forum?"

Dustin: "Yes. Oh, and I also ate a handful of marbles last month and I'm starting to pass them. It's scary as hell"

Dustin: "I went to a Honda forum and got their advice. I've been drinking milk and was told to eat some baking soda"

Dustin: "Yes. Oh, and I also ate a handful of marbles last month and I'm starting to pass them. It's scary as hell"
haha[/nelson]

:ph34r: how'd you know? haha. like i said before, i tasted it because i was eating, didn't think it came from the food, but there was nothing else around that could have been remotely oily like that. shit i didn't even know that the stuff in the batteries was clear like that.

Back