is cali that bad?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blink1_8_2dude

I live in mississippi where there are no regulations on exhaust or intake or anything you can do whatever you want to your car without the cops jumpin all over your ass. I've heard that in california the cops are extremely anal retentive and it is unbelievable what thier regulations are i was just wandering how bad is it?

do you even live in CA? you can do swaps, i had mine go through the ref... get products with CARB stickers on them, there will be no problem... i had my B16 built to put 171 hp to the wheels and was still totally CA smog legal.

you can do whatever you want to your car in Cali as long as it's a CARB legal like B16 was saying. you can get any swap you want as long as the engine is from a car of the same make and it is from the same year or newer. you can even put a JDM motor in as long as it has the right emisions stuff, again as long as it is from the right year and make.
CARB legal parts are your best friend. they make it a big challenge to have a real fast street car that can pass smog.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jul 3 2003, 04:40 PM
BAD
swap are almost entirely againt the law
and so are alot of prof parts

i think there are more swap shops in cali than anywhere else except maybe japan.

Back