1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is doomsday really coming?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Briansol, Apr 17, 2010.

Doomsday!

1. Yes 2012, we're gonners

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. Just natural rise/fall of events

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
  3. It's all nonsense. This happens all the time

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  4. It's a gov't cover-up :ph34r:

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

Perhaps 2012 isn't such a far off notion afterall. In the past 5 years or so, things have gotten significantly worse. While i certainly don't beleive the world is just going to end on 12/21/2012, there's significant pointers that in just a blink of an eye in earth time, the past 5 years, shit has really started to hit the fan.

Let's recap the past 5 years or so....

massive, stronger hurricanes (katrina, ike, rita, etc )
    massive melting of polar icecaps - ClimateGate?
    crazy tornado season a few years back for th emid west
    xmass tsunami/ strongest earth quake ever recorded
    odd snow patterns... DC and other areas broke records by 200% and up.
    massive earthquakes everywhere in the past 4 months. hati, chile, a few days ago in china, and today there's one in new guinea at 6.3. Not to mention the oddities like Chicago, etc that never see quakes
    Massive rains -> flooding... RI and eastern CT just a few weeks back
    the eruption of the volcano in Iceland, of which, many volcanoes are known for erupting from outside forces - earthquakes shift the plates and the magma cells, etc giving it no where else to go but up.
    yellowstone, a Super volcano, is showing oddities that haven't been recorded before, perhaps leaning towards signs that its ready to blow. As many as 250 earthquakes int he area in as little as 4 day time frame. Some reaching up to 4.0's. And if it does? bye bye.
    Dead Man Musings: Yellowstone Eruption Days Away?

So, what do you think? Are we in for a brutal 2 years as a planet? are these the last 2 years as a planet?
    Vote!

2. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

I went with option 2. I do think that the Earth is doing some pretty weird shit and if we have a large solar flare or something along those lines shit may hit the fan in a bigger way. It is really odd that all of this stuff has happened so quickly.

3. 94H_Ex

94H_Ex Under employed

I wanted 2 and 4.

4. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

well im unsure really i watched a good show on it the other night, and they showed some huggge bunkers that ppl and government are building just for this very thing. they perty much said that its gona be a super flare and burn up everything

5. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

Maybe natural disasters are just the new hot button or buzz word for the media. Maybe everything is common we just didn't hear about it before. Who knows. I'm along for the ride either way.

6. Jared759

Jared759 Well-Known Member VIP

I had my big theory typed out but accidentally hit back, which cleared everything.

I think the Mayans just figured out how to predict when the next galactic alignment is going to happen. The world has always changed, with or without man. Huge deserts used to be huge bodies of water. I think it will just be like the other 1500 predictions the world is going to end every year. I am really excited about the Transit of Venus on June 5-6, 2012 though.

7. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

all bullshit

this is just the natural flow of things

disasters seem worse than they use to, because we are better at spotting / recording them, and news agencies like blow them out of proportion more than they use to, in order to keep people scared and riveted to their TV sets increasing ad revenue

even the past 10 years are not all that impressive in the list of strongest earthquakes ever recorded (#5, tie for #6, and #8)
    http://www.epicdisasters.com/index.php/site/comments/word_earthquakes_worldwide_by_magnitude/

even when going by the deadliest earthquakes, Hatti is the only one in the past 40 years to make the list... and its #4
    http://www.epicdisasters.com/index.php/site/comments/the_worlds_deadliest_earthquakes/

so we can pretty much say that earthquakes are NOT getting markedly stronger... they would have been more justified in saying that in the 50s and 60s

for strongest hurricanes to hit the US, Katrina (#2) in 2005 is the only one in the past 10 years followed by Andrew (#4) in 1992
    and again the 1960s had 3 spots on that list
    http://www.epicdisasters.com/index.php/site/comments/the_ten_strongest_hurricanes/

deadliest tornadoes??? the last 50 years doesnt even make the top 10
    http://www.epicdisasters.com/index.php/site/comments/the_deadliest_us_tornadoes/

the most recent entry on the worlds deadliest floods was in 1975
    http://www.epicdisasters.com/index.php/site/comments/the_worlds_worst_floods_by_death_toll/

for the US's deadliest floods you need to go back to 1976
    http://www.epicdisasters.com/index.php/site/comments/the_deadliest_us_floods/

the past 10 years are making a decent showing, bringing up the last 4 spots in acreage destroyed by wild fires
    http://www.epicdisasters.com/index.php/site/comments/biggest_us_wildfires/

for snowfall, the 2010 winter storm that hit the east coast is said to be about even with #7 on the list
    http://www.epicdisasters.com/index.php/site/comments/the_worst_us_winter_storms/
    (not really sure how they are figuring this one so im not putting much stock into it)

now on the the worst volcano eruptions list the last 101 years only makes the list twice... once in 1909 and the most recent in 1985... really nothing to see here
    http://www.epicdisasters.com/index.php/site/comments/the_worlds_worst_volcanic_eruptions/

this explains everything quite well
    its a bit long... but well worth reading, as it truly does a very good job of explaining what is going on

http://www.epicdisasters.com/index...._increase_in_the_number_of_natural_disasters/
    now on the other hand....
    ZOMBIES??

oh yeah... they're coming....

:gunfight:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
    3 people like this.
  8. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

If you look at the conspiracy theorists side of it, it would be easy to see why people say that the various governments are controlling different events.

Supposedly, the capabilities to detonate a device causing a forced earthquake is possible. As is tsunamis and such.

Anyone else find it coincidental that Chinese and US forces were in Cuba when the earthquake hit? Rumor has it, they were all meeting there to make a payment to China on the fantastic loan we were given...

There are chemicals that can be dumped into clouds to allow for snow to form and various precipitation to fall. Discovery channel has aired several stories on this in the past...

These are just a few examples.

While I find some of this to be far fetched, someone who believes the government is trying to manipulate everything could easily jump on with these ideas.

While most may not believe stuff like this is even relevant or possible, it certainly is a different approach to conclusions drawn up by someone with a good imagination, or someone with possible inside information.

My .02.

9. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

if i could rep you 10 times E i would.

pretty much sums up everything i have been trying to tell people.

the world goes in cycles.
    always and forever it will go in cycles.
    it freezes then thaws. the magnetic poles will change direction and even shift as the earth moves.

we will have ice ages and we will have extremely hot periods to.
    if people would actually pay attention to the history of the world and what minimum records we have for the thousands of years of human existence they would see this.

its natural, and we are just hearing about more of them because as stated above, the media wants us watching.

10. Korax

Korax New Member

The magnetic poles will reverse. This is the only 100% of 2012.

11. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

i think there is a higher than average chance of something large, possibly catastrophic happening in 2012. maybe something involving poles shifting, or solar flares... either of which would have many effects on the planet. society all around the earth seems kinda fragile, who knows what would happen.

12. 8secHonda

8secHonda New Member

oh noooo we gonna be in a FIRESTORM.... lol .. (taken from live free or die hard)

lmao..... i hope not anyway...

13. double0Si

double0Si ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) VIP

We're ALL GOING TO DIE!!!:bye1:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  14. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

i picked option two.
    my first chemistry class in college really opened my eyes to some of the crazy shit that happens on earth on a day to day basis. not to mention that solar flares (as mentioned above) have the same power as ~12093812093810923810 hiroshimas. its crazy to think about.

i heard that the biggest solar flare recorded (which is said to be in the 1800's? sometime i think) caused a bunch of electronics to go crazy. and a bunch of miners in alaska actually went to work at like 3 in the morning because the northern lights were so bright they thought it was daytime. :ph34r:

are we all going to die, no.. are we in for a rough next couple years, i think so..

15. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

wut? you think the poles will switch in 2012? while some scientists say that a pole reversal is underway, it still takes thousands of years for the switch to complete.

16. RickParker

RickParker New Member

Option two.. the mayans stopped their calendar at 2012.. is this the end of the world, no i highly doubt it.. I feel as though when the current ends (2012) another will begin.. basically, its a rebirth for mankind.. and another theory to back this up,, the earthquake of chile actually shifted chile 11 inches as confirmed by gps imaging.. and to add to this about solar flares.. i believe this will happen and when it does scientist predict that the polar caps will reverse magnetic field.. the north will now be south, the south will become north.. when this happens bye-bye to all electronics and satelites.. no bankcards.. no internet.. etc.. so when ppl think the earth will destroy us, i believe we the people will desroy ourselves because we know no other way to live than without the help and use of electronics..

17. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

My hope is that my little slice of the Pacific North West remains largely unaffected, more hookers and blow for me!

18. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

The Mayan calendar ends at 2012 and just starts over. It's really no different than our calendar ending on Dec. 31; it's just theirs also include a "long count".

1 person likes this.
  19. RickParker

RickParker New Member

Basically.. thank you!!

20. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

There are more quakes in the midwest than most people realize, most of them are just too small to feel. Every now and then you'll get one that, if you're not in your car driving, we'll feel. When they start knocking down buildings then I'll get scared. I want option 4.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted