Is It Bad?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

honda_mach3

i was taking off my throttle body and found some oil and dirt mixed together in the IM plenum. is this a bad sign? not so much though, just enough to see and pad off. it's all around the plenum. is this bad or what?

Reside builds up in your throttle body and plenum,from the blowby line and just crap over time it is normal.

how the hell do i clean it up? that skunk2 plenum is hard to reach and i don't want to take it off. i'm putting in a ITR TB instead of the B16A2.

Without taking of the IM it is going to be hard.Get a clothes hanger and wrap a cloth around it.Spray the cloth with carb cleaner or something to that effect and just wipe up what you can.

i'm probably going to check my ports sooner or later. i just wanna see how my port and polish is. i guess i'm just going to take it off and check the ports.

Yes man,whenn you pull it off,just hit the inside of the runners.Mine was the same way when I got it.

You could need a new PCV valve (if your car has one) Just take it out and if it rattles, then it is good, if not, time for a new one. You should check it every oil change.

Hmm if i take of my IM how should I go about cleaning all of the Gunk?
And can someone show me a picture of what the PCV (<--- what the heck is it) valve looks like?
Thanks for all your help guy, I'm really in to tinkering with my motor cause I have no money to upgrade stuff... not yet anyway B)

Originally posted by PBE9699@May 21 2003, 11:28 PM
Hmm if i take of my IM how should I go about cleaning all of the Gunk?
And can someone show me a picture of what the PCV (<--- what the heck is it) valve looks like?
Thanks for all your help guy, I'm really in to tinkering with my motor cause I have no money to upgrade stuff... not yet anyway B)

A pcv valve sits on the valve cover... its usually elbowed and a hose runs from that to a nipple on the intake plenum....

Chris

you can get the easy to reach parts with an air tool and a polishing attatchment. spray lots of carb cleaner or similar product in first, clean excess with a rag, and polish away.

Back