Is it hard to make custom TURBO charger.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Niskyspy

I dont mean like custom ,custom. I just want to make my own turbocharger by buying parts and connecting them together, because I think it would be cheaper than to buy one.
Thanks

Peace

Go buy Maximum Boost by Corky Bell from Amazon.com It'll cost ya about $25, and will be the most sound investment you'll ever buy.

As for your question, it can't be answered. It totally depends on your skill level and grasp of turbocharging concepts. Basically, if you have to ask, you're probably not ready to do it. Go read that book and then come back here and ask specific questions (ie- "how does the relationship of the AR ratios of the compressor and turbine housings affect turbocharger performance?").

:)

thanx for tellin me about that book i went to barnes n nobles after i read this and found that book .dude it has everything in there.i bought and im perty sure ill never regret it .i highly suggest any f/i enthusiast to buy this book! thanx loco!

yup. i have a copy too. great book. i just wish he would update it. it was written a LONG time ago now, and things have changed

maximum boost is the bible of forced induction. Making your own turbo is not an easy task, but if your devoted then you could probably do it. There is a guy with a del sol in my town who did it, the turbo sticks out of his hood

Back