1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it hard to make custom TURBO charger.

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by Niskyspy, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Niskyspy

Niskyspy Junior Member

I dont mean like custom ,custom. I just want to make my own turbocharger by buying parts and connecting them together, because I think it would be cheaper than to buy one.
    Thanks

Peace

2. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

Go buy Maximum Boost by Corky Bell from Amazon.com It'll cost ya about $25, and will be the most sound investment you'll ever buy.

As for your question, it can't be answered. It totally depends on your skill level and grasp of turbocharging concepts. Basically, if you have to ask, you're probably not ready to do it. Go read that book and then come back here and ask specific questions (ie- "how does the relationship of the AR ratios of the compressor and turbine housings affect turbocharger performance?").

:)

3. tegg_gsr

tegg_gsr Member

thanx for tellin me about that book i went to barnes n nobles after i read this and found that book .dude it has everything in there.i bought and im perty sure ill never regret it .i highly suggest any f/i enthusiast to buy this book! thanx loco!

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

yup. i have a copy too. great book. i just wish he would update it. it was written a LONG time ago now, and things have changed

5. BuddyLee

BuddyLee Junior Member

maximum boost is the bible of forced induction. Making your own turbo is not an easy task, but if your devoted then you could probably do it. There is a guy with a del sol in my town who did it, the turbo sticks out of his hood

6. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

you want to make the turbo? or put together a kit? When you make a turbo dont you have to balane it and do ather shits?.. hmmm

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted