is it me or is the swap walkthroughs ......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

podagee

okay so i finished my dpfi to mpfi swap,but,few problems is really making me mad.
it says the tps sensor needs to be switched around or you'll be red lining.i tried back and forth but it still is red lining?what else could it be?i tried test running it after the rpms dropped to normal when i plugged the map sensor into the stock one.(weird).i am using the b7 intake manifold and i'm wondering if i have to swap map sensors?also,when i test drove it my car felt as if it was sputtering,what is that?someone please help me figure it out.

If the wires are wrong, it will throw a code and run like ass, it won't spin up to red-line. You have a much bigger problem.. Is the throttle sticking open? Its getting a ton of air from somewhere, this isn't just a run of the mill vacuum leak..

I assume by redlining, you actually mean the engine is hitting 6400+rmps..

So.. B series manifold? Did you do an engine swap or a multi port swap?
Is the coolant at the correct level? Sounds like a possible large intake leak also.
A little better specific info can get this solved. :mellow:

He is referring to a D15B7, or at least I think he is... MPFI swap. But I'm almost certain you could install your intake manifold and throttle body with no gasket at all and it wouldn't leak enough air to bounce the rev limiter..

No gasket at all is definitely pressing your luck to the extreme. :eek:
I would think there is a vacuum port on this "B7" manifold wide open.
Or little to no coolant confusing the hell out of his IACV.
Try a new fuel filter while your at it, couldnt hurt.

throttle is closed,vacuum leak i think is the problem.i dont know what the intake air temperature vacuum line plugs to and the map sensor when unplugged stays below the redline(maybe bad map sensor).i am no longer using the stock,i switched to the plugs on the manifold.gasket is in place. 88-91 d15b2 block and head with 92-95 d15b7 intake manifold pm8 ecu.everything works just those problems.and my car keeps overheating???i know there is 1 loose coolant line with that manifold but i took car of it.

tomorrow im going to try switching map sensors and vacuum lines if anyone has a diagram,can you post it remember,91 hatch d15b2 head with b7 manifold.thanks

There are only so many vacuum ports on the intake manifold. Feel/look around.
Grab a can of carb cleaner and in small spurts spray around the intake manifold.
You should notice a significant difference once an open vacuum port/leak is responding to the carb cleaner.
Obviously if you spray directly into the intake chamber as the engine is running, idle will increase or if you go full throttle with carb cleaner it will flood and want to stall. (caution, may also back fire)
When you say redline, do you mean the engine is self revving to 7k rpm? :confused:
Im under the impression you have the wrong definition of redlining.
Also have you double,triple checked coolant level? You stated its over heating.
"When the engine is running and warm," feel both upper and lower radiator hoses. They should be warm. Jump in the car, turn the heater on and verify that you are getting warm air from the vents.
Report back. :D

okay so the hell with the mpfi swap,i changed it back to stock because of too many problems.now im back to where i was at.from the swap i only got a broken windshield busted hood(changed) broken hinges(changed) and broken wipers.i test ran the car and my hood flew up.so i wasted my time basically.now back to stock and i have two problems 1)my car won't start(reversed the whole swap so everything is connected,swapped around the distributor wires still nothing) 2)i'm getting a 10 on the ecu (disconnected or damaged circuit to the iat(intake air temperature).my car was fine before the swap now its crap.i don't recommend the dpfi to mpfi swap but thats my opinion.

i dont understand why you had so much trouble. it's really not that difficult

okay so the hell with the mpfi swap,i changed it back to stock because of too many problems.now im back to where i was at.from the swap i only got a broken windshield busted hood(changed) broken hinges(changed) and broken wipers.i test ran the car and my hood flew up.so i wasted my time basically.now back to stock and i have two problems 1)my car won't start(reversed the whole swap so everything is connected,swapped around the distributor wires still nothing) 2)i'm getting a 10 on the ecu (disconnected or damaged circuit to the iat(intake air temperature).my car was fine before the swap now its crap.i don't recommend the dpfi to mpfi swap but thats my opinion.

Whoops, forgot to mention.
"BE SURE TO ENTIRELY LATCH THE HOOD BEFORE A TEST DRIVE":D

that swap wasnt that difficult i found out that i had the wrong computer instead of pm6 or 7 i had pm8 if that makes any difference.now im back to dpfi and my car cranks but wont start???the swap caused all kinds of crap to go wrong.im sick of this ive been immobile for 4 days already.

Back