Is It Ok To Leave Of The Timing B. Cover?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I would say no. If any thing gets stuck in the way of the timing belt....say good night Honda!

On the other hand, leave the bottom portion bolted up, and cut out 2 half circles where the timing gears are for easy access to tune timing.

I think this is what you are wanting to know!!!

no way if you take the top one off take the bottom one off because alot of hondas are interference motors so when you blow a timing belt when your at high speeds it time for that next swap

I am going to have to say HELL NO. My friend left his off in his civic and a mouse got into the engine. The mouse was completly fucked up by the timing belt. The car would not start. It caused his cam gear to move and he had to get a new timing belt put on. He was lucky the timing belt did not skip a tooth and blow the engine.

A mouse, WTF, just didn't expect to haer that under this topic,

It's not safe, but I did run an totally open timing belt for about a year or so. My next plan is to keep it covered since I wouldn't want to blow my investment into the motor.

Milan

Back