Is It Possibe For Me To Break 12's?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allmotorbeast

is it possible for me to run a high 12's?

i have a 2000 civic coupe with a fully built b18b block that was bored to 85mm with je 11:5:1 pistons. im running with a b16a head with jg 308/316 cams, titanium springs, and retainers. skunk2 IM, jg TB, dc 4-1 headers, mugen ecu, hallow cat, b&m fuel regulator, aem cai, and apexi exhaust.

i ran a 13.6 recently at 99.7 mph with a 1.954 60ft. with 13" slicks. i had a 60ft of 1.910, but i mishift second so that run was messed up. i dont how better my time would of been if i hadnt mishift that run, maybe a 13.4?? anyways, i havent dyno tuned my motor yet so i dont how better my times going to be, but i'm hoping i get an extra 10-20 hp after tuning it. imma get a apexi v-afc also when i dyno tuned my motor. so do you guys think i can break into the high 12's in my 2000 civic coupe after having it tuned and have a 60ft of 1.800 because i know a 2000 civic coupe is pretty heavy? if i had a 92-95 hatch, 12's wouldnt even be a problem.

if someone near you can tune them... get a hondata ... dont bother with the VAFC if you want max tuning

have you done weight reduction yet?

you should definatly be able to hit 12s

mugen program? jesus. you will surely gain 20 horse by tuning it out. 11.1:1 a/f ratios.... are not good for all motor power. lol

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 21 2003, 04:56 AM
mugen program? jesus. you will surely gain 20 horse by tuning it out. 11.1:1 a/f ratios.... are not good for all motor power. lol

:werd:
i didnt even see that part .... get that fucker tuned .... you will also enjoy not getting 10mpg any more

also, toss the regulator. run stock pressure. if you need more fuel, get bigger injectors!

if you don't know why, read the thread in anyting goes about "Myth of the b-series, owned" or something like that... i made a couple posts about higher fuel pressures HURTING performance.

yea i already did some weight reduction. i took out my back seats and spare tire.

as for not getting a apexi v-afc, i already have it. im just waiting until the shop thats tuning my car have time to tune it. i forgot to mention but i also have a act clutch set. an act xtreme pressure plate with a street disk. 12's is such a pretty number watch to watch, dont you guys think? if i dont break the 12's after tuning it, maybe a 80 shot nos direct port will do it. :D

what mpg??

You should be able to hit 12's. As a street ride you can add, flywheel, test pipe, and hondata. For track you just dump that exhaust. I recommend you toss some weight from the ride for sure. I took a lot of shit out of my ride and it was a hatch. The AC and Ps units weigh a good amount. heater under the dash, airbags, seatbelts, seats, sound deadening material, and replace some body panels with CF. Also your motor should have 5 mounts on it but the lower two (AC/lower tranny mount) can be removed also, well atleast in my hatch. Maybe not in your 00 coupe. Good luck.

Milan

I'll keep you guys posted the next time i go to the track. hopefully ill come back with a low 13's time slipslip.

disregard this if you a running all motor, how about (spraying), hondata, if you have a system take it out .. NO ONE NEEDS SUBS. take out your seats when you go to the track.. lose as much weight as you can i mean anything..!! yes and get it tunned. make a 20hp

did u ever go to the track i have a similiar setup what hp were u pushing and what was your times?

Back