Is it possible to add Power Door locks?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

preludude

Is it possible to add power door locks to a non power 93 prelude?
I don't get it, I have everything power except the locks, it's annoys the hell outta me. I was wondering if its possible to just switch the module and wire it up to the power windows or something liek that.

yes, if it was an option for that year then all the connections should be there all you need are the actuators and switches. You'll need a new fuse, unless it's already in the windows slot.

A lot of shops do it. Its ~$250 to get it done in a shop and like $100 if you do it yourself.

If you can add factory locks, you can always get universal power lock solenoids and wire them up yourself. Thats how i did my car. The solenoids were about 9 bucks each and i just pluged them into the alarm. Before i had the alarm, i used a double pole double throw momentary switch, setup for revers and forwrd polarity and that worked perfectly also. Depending on the alarm you cant have a switch in place because it will fry part of the locking module if you use the switch. Trust me on that one.

Doing it yourself will be the cheapest, but if you wanna have someone to hold accountable go to circuit city. Stay away from best buy they dont have a clue.

nope, you need nos first homie.......hehe

seriously, yes you can, almost anything can be done to cars, anything

Back