1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it possible to swap a B20A5 into a 1987 crx??

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EW' started by Parrish36, May 11, 2008.

1. Parrish36

Parrish36 New Member

so i have a 1987 crx that is set up for a 3/8's oval race track and i have a B20A5 just sittin here and i wanted to know if this could possibley be done or has someone else done this before???

2. ulyjdm

ulyjdm ulysses

waz up man i read ur message and to b honest with u it"s posible cause B16 fits so theres not a problem at all ur gonna have to change hub or spindle but it's really easy latez

3. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

yes but it will be 100% custom everything,and the b29a5 is way different from all the other b series motors

4. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

This swap is going to SUCK. especially in a cornering situation. At speed the extra weight will jump in and rock the front end out.

You'll do a tire change every 5 laps. Maybe if you did mile oval, and avoided most of the circle tracks out there... got something with a high bank.

I wouldn't do it.

5. Parrish36

Parrish36 New Member

well i just started the swap 2 days ago im just sorting through all of the wiring i dont need and cutting it out. i was thinking about just switching the CV joints on the trans side and leaving the hubs and spindals and that side of the axle for the 1.5 would it work or just bust the axles right off???

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted