is it possible to swap h22a into an eg civic with no experience

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ssj

title says it all, i have absoluty no experience in engine swapping, would it be possible for me to swap a h22a into an eg civic (d16y1), or would i be better off paying someone to do it. also how much would it cost including buying all the parts. thanks

Wiring is the biggest issue. But this is not a swap I would think someone with no swap experience could do easily. It can get done but it will be hard

Wiring is the biggest issue. But this is not a swap I would think someone with no swap experience could do easily. It can get done but it will be hard
do you think i should take my chance and attempt or play it safe and get it done by someone who knows what there doing ?

just do it urself then you will learn just incase you want to do another swap or rebuild the motor :) or have a friend show you the ropes always good to learn stuff about your car

just do it urself then you will learn just incase you want to do another swap or rebuild the motor :) or have a friend show you the ropes always good to learn stuff about your car

haha yeah i'd love to do it myself but im just so clueless. is there anywhere i could get a guide on how to or something ?

Pick up a hannes manual for your car... it will tell you on how to remove and install motor and trans... I would recomend this, when I 1st started off doing civic's its what I read and started to copy the book... now I can pull a civic motor/ trans with my eyes shut

You need basic metric sockets (deep sockets are needed for soem of the mount bolts)
12 point sockets are nice but not totally neccesary

Metric open ended wrenches

32mm Socket to get the axle nuts off

Breaker bar to get that axle nut loose

Engine Hoist (aka Cherry Picker)

Thats about the bulk of the tools needed

There are WAY WAY WAY too many threads that help you understand how to achieve a H22 swap.......research a lot more and then start a thread to cover certain areas that you are having a hard time understanding.

i just finished my first H22 in an EG chassis swap. It took alot of work because i did everything myself including the wiring harness conversion.

Heres a link to a good site
Home Page
you can also look here for more info
[FAQ] ***H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here*** - Honda-Tech.

thats where i got pretty much all of my info. I even did the wiring harness myself. It took some time and practice at soldering but its possible for anyone with some patience and time.

Back