Is it possible.........

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im down. i met a guy last night that had a 95 integra wth a b16 swap and some itr internals and port/polished head. we had about 4 runs on the freeway and i got him everytime.

im so glad i went witht he b18. the whole reason i did was the torque. i wanted to do the h22, but after iheard all the horror stories and mod issues.. i backed out. the good thing to this motor is i could drop it right into my DC2 :D

Remember you're talking to a guy with a stock motor ;) I haven't bothered with any motor modifications. I'm planning on dropping a B18C1 in from hmotorsonline by the end of summer. In the meantime I'm putting some PIC Apex coilovers, Neuspeed strut bars, and a 22mm rear sway bar.

Wrong. Why would you use VTEC killer cams on a non-VTEC engine? Why would you want to use VTEC killer cams in any street engine? They won't work in a B18A, and even if they did, you wouldn't want to drive them on the street.

Sorry to inform you, but you are wrong Cal. Vtec killer camshafts were made for non-vtec b-series engines. As far as driving them in a street car, on the street, its been done quite a few times in my area. Personally, if I make power, it wouldn't bother me if I had a fluctuating idle due to my camshaft.

I've been a fan of Toda products for years now and have used their Spec B and Spec C camshafts. Two close friends have ran their VKC's on their B18B LS engines.

This may help you further understand the VKC's...
TODA-RACING

EDIT: The vtec killer cams do not use the vtec function. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
180whp is pretty good with that setup!
thanks, ill post new numbers up when i get the fuel running right on it.. its just too low right now. and ill be dropping in my fidanza flywheel and hasport mounts/axle combo next weekend.

i really hope that fixes my vibration issues...

Sorry to inform you, but you are wrong Cal. Vtec killer camshafts were made for non-vtec b-series engines. As far as driving them in a street car, on the street, its been done quite a few times in my area. Personally, if I make power, it wouldn't bother me if I had a fluctuating idle due to my camshaft.

I've been a fan of Toda products for years now and have used their Spec B and Spec C camshafts. Two close friends have ran their VKC's on their B18B LS engines.

This may help you further understand the VKC's...
TODA-RACING

EDIT: The vtec killer cams do not use the vtec function. :thumbsup:

Wow, that's news to me, because the web site you link clearly shows the application for a B16 engine. That's a VTEC engine. It never came in non-VTEC. The whole point of the VTEC killer is to REMOVE VTEC from the VTEC head. You dump the low rpm lobe and hardware to optimize your power curve for a really aggressive profile cam. That's why you're killing VTEC. Sure they might have a B18B cam with the same types of aggressive profile as the VTEC killers, but there's no VTEC to kill in the B18A/B head to begin with.

thanks, ill post new numbers up when i get the fuel running right on it.. its just too low right now. and ill be dropping in my fidanza flywheel and hasport mounts/axle combo next weekend.

i really hope that fixes my vibration issues...

Start your own damn thread jackass!

This guy is trying to get some info about building his LS engine and you are just bragging about your gsr.

If you don't have anything good to say about building an ls engine get out of this thread.

Now that I'm done with that, I'd suggest the crowers too. I'm not 100% sure about the vtec killers because this car is a daily driver and they are pretty aggressive. They also aren't designed to run in a non vtec engine and were designed for a B16/18 so I personally wouldn't want to take the chance of buying them, putting them in the car, not having them fit and having to bite the bullet on the price or having to sell them after.

Last edited:
Thanks dtob. Appreciate that. And also everyones info. Will stick with the PR3 pistons just to stay under 11.5 to 1 compression. Possibly to boost it later or spray it.

Thanks dtob. Appreciate that. And also everyones info. Will stick with the PR3 pistons just to stay under 11.5 to 1 compression. Possibly to boost it later or spray it.

IMO, Spray. this way your only really pushing the motor when you really need it, less wear and tear IMO. plus the feeling you get with you press that shiney little button :D, gives ya a big grin every time, turboing can just cause fustrations down the road, and massive tuning and upkeep. thats just my opinion i guess.

but base everything on your own opinion, really, cause you wont really know till you try.^_^

Back