is it really that easy??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleepercrx90

ive been doing alot of reading of honda engine swaping, and everywhere you look it always says to use your original engine harness, and modify it to work for the motor you are installing, and not start with your donor motor harness.

this is probably way to simple to work, but the idea came to me, and it just seemed to simple. could you use the entire engine harness from the donor motor you are swapping in, so all the connectors plug perfectly into the motor plugs already, and get the ecu for the donor motor also, so the motor wiring will plug directly into the new ecu.

then switch the connectors on the underdash harness to plug into the new ecu...

This most likely is way to simple to work, so i am assuming that it wont work, but it was worth asking.

That is not as easy as it seems on a honda they did not design a motor harness. When you look under the dash and near the ecu all of the harnesses are taped and spliced together. If you were going to do that you would have to take the harness out of the donor car every thing up to the dash harness, cabin harness, back harness and front harness and switch it all out at the same time. There has been other people on here that have talked about doing that but trust me it is easier to do like all of the people on here have done and use the cars original harness and modify it to your motor.

Back