Is It True 92 Civic Are Wired For Vtec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MXDesa

I've heard from a few people that all 1992 Honda Civics were wired for VTEC. I have a 92 DX and am doing a SOHC VTEC swap but i need a engine harness. I have my old harness but didn't know it was wired for VTEC so i guess i could use it now?! Anyone out there that can help, where would i find these wires? Or how would i go about using this DX harness for my d16Y6 Swap? Thanks :)

92's are prewired for VTEC. Look under your hood, you should have 2 extra plugs by your distributor, one is a green circular plug.

Originally posted by Afipunk21 Posted on May 31 2003@ 01:59 AM
92's are prewired for VTEC. Look under your hood, you should have 2 extra plugs by your distributor, one is a green circular plug.

Do they go all the way to the engine bay and have plugs?

As far as I know, they had the 2 extra plugs on the engine side of the wiring harness...if they didn't, then what would be the point of pre-wiring? You need two plugs going from the VTEC solenoid and oil pressure strait to the ECU.

Are the 92's wired for the VTEC Oil Pressure sensor as well? Or do all engines have this sensor? (im not sure about this one)

The only Helms I have are 94 and 95, since i have also heard that in 92 and maybe 93 all the cars had all the wires, but they switched to more model specific wiring in the later EGs, I wouldn't doubt it, but I wouldn't tell you it is for sure either.

I have a '92 civic DX sedan and want to drop a GSR or B16a / LS combo swap in it. So, what exactly do I need to look for to see if I have the extra Pre-wiring for the VTEC??? all the help in the world would be greatly appreciated..thanks ...ID

If they are wired all the way to the bay and have the plugs, these are the one's you would need to look for, they will probably be capped IF they are there.

s3edae9a88d9ad.jpg

Back