IS IT TRUE?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

del slo team

It is rumored that an h22 head can and will fit an f22 engine! If any one has tried it please inform me as I would like a little more power. I am looking for a 200hp to the wheel as a goal. All N/A of course.

this technicaly isn't a swap question but I have to ask why not just get an H22 engine, build it and then swap it? You'd be MUCH better off starting with a motor that makes 200-210 hp stock.

Hmm good suggestion! I just happen to have a deal with someone and it will cost 350 for head with everything to make conversion! NO it is not stolen. And dyi it would be a lot cheaper!

Originally posted by del slo team@Jul 4 2004, 12:44 AM
Hmm good suggestion! I just happen to have a deal with someone and it will cost 350 for head with everything to make conversion! NO it is not stolen. And dyi it would be a lot cheaper!

It doesn't work.

If it did work, it would still be a waste of time, since the F22 had 8.8:1 compression.

Do the full swap. The swap is worth it.

yup, swap over the entire h22a, I am sure it has better gearing, more compression and plus you get an entire motor with lower mileage.

It can be done, but the cost is so prohibitive that it's only done to be able to say "I'm filthy rich, look at my head swap".

As suggested, do the whole H22 swap.

Back