is it worth $150

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ef9civicgen4

it a HUD gauge (heads up display). i other words a tach/speedo that is projected onto the windshield. i think it would be iffy if your facing the sun, but bad ass at night.

it's a plus for dx's w/o tachs, or someone who want JDM gauges.

Da Link

why the fuck would you want that? you got a tach and a speedo like 5 inches below that....

maybe if you lost your gauge cluster or somethin.

it looks cool, but it's a waste of money IMO

ive seen show cars that have no gauge cluster. not that id ever do that, but i think headsup display in a car would be tite.

Originally posted by civicious@Dec 2 2003, 04:40 PM
why the fuck would you want that? you got a tach and a speedo like 5 inches below that....

mines a dx. in other words i have no tach. and i think that this is better than a 5 inch ricer tach.

so get a gauge cluster with a tach.

and im pretty sure that:

1. if you don't have a tach in your gauge cluster, an accessory tach is not "rice"

2. if your motor revs above what your stock tach shows, an accessory tach is not "rice"

rice is anything that isn't necessary, and purely for looks.

for insance, a $150 heads-up display

Originally posted by civicious@Dec 2 2003, 04:40 PM

:withstupid:

but it would be pretty neat, the speedo reflection on the windshield is pretty cool though, like an old school 240sx.

Originally posted by civicious@Dec 2 2003, 07:06 PM
and im pretty sure that:

1. if you don't have a tach in your gauge cluster, an accessory tach is not "rice"

2. if your motor revs above what your stock tach shows, an accessory tach is not "rice"

A 5 inch monster tach w/shift lght IS rice. IMO

I don't see how a little number on your windshield is rice. It has indiglo green numbers so its easily seen. Its in plain sight. it DOESN'T change 8 different colors, its not this huge out of place item just sitting on your dash. Hell if you wanted to, you could probably have it resesed in the dash. $150 is about the same price you would pay for a tach that just reads RPM's and has a shift light.

I have my opinion, you have yours jets just leave it at that. Deal.

disagree : you just said "Acessory" and tach in the same sentence, if your car didnt come with a tach its probablly bcause it didnt need it. i.e. Civic : CX, DX

Agree. That is all

ill give you that

if it was WAYYY smaller, and cheaper i might think about.

i meant if you have like a swap, and you dont have a tach in your gauge cluster.

like if you put a b16 in a dx.

and by "Accessory" tach, i meant like a 5" tach or whatever that's mounted separately from your gauge cluster.

having an accessory tach on a stock motor is pointless as body graffix or wings.

i rode in a grand am that had one stock.... they are sweet, at night u can pay attention to ur speed and to the road...

id rock that. its just not a tach and a speedo. it has other neat and interesting features. now - does it only come in that color? :lol:

If you want the HUD, go trade in your Honda and get a Pontiac Grand Prix and grow a mullet.

:hitit: several times with a bat.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Dec 8 2003, 01:24 PM
If you want the HUD, go trade in your Honda and get a Pontiac Grand Prix and grow a mullet.

:hitit: several times with a bat.

:werd:

digital tachs are hard as fuk to read as well.

Back