1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it worth it? Payn Tech. big bore block.

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Newschooler, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Newschooler

Newschooler Junior Member

Hi I'm new here. I have a teg, rs 92.
    My project is to swap for a b18c1 and change all the internals to turbocharge it eventually. Don't talk about ls/vtec or b20 plz.

Now I was wondering if instead of buying the whole b18c1 and swapping alot of parts on it, I could just buy the block and all the parts individually. The only part I would use is the b18c1 head, and even on that I would have to change some stuff.

Anyway, about the block, is this one any good? The link:

http://www.payntechnologies.com/(25x3er45x...=3&ProductID=72

I would like to build a reliable engine that have a r/s ratio close to 1.75 (ideal ratio) so I can rev high without problems.

What do you guys think?
    Thx.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

ok...

#1- dart blocks are bad ass.
    #2 - piecing togehter a swap = nightmare. i wouldn't even consider doing this. You'll spend 10 grand on misc pieces and still be missing bolts and peices.
    #3 - turbo motors don't need stupid high revs. 8-9k is plenty.
    #4 - if you do go with a deck plate motor, you're most likely going to have to cut a hole in your hood and have the motor stick out of it.
    #5 - r/s ratio is overrated and over BS'ed about on the internet- especailly on honda boards. nascar motors have about 1.5:1 r/s ratios and see 9k hard rpms for hours on end.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted