Is It Worth It?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

12secondCRX

I'm wondering what all you at HS.com think about the v-afc's? Do you actually get that much improvement out of them or r they over-rated? :worthy:

great for mild tuning... someone who doesn't want to sped the cash on hondata and doesn't plan on running at the track alot and are just looking for a little power adder

it makes for a good gauge of the TPS :lol:

that's why i bought it! HAHAHA seriosuly though, its like the only device that reads the throttle position, and displays it as a %... it will help for on-dyno street-simulated constant throttle for not full throttle driving... part throttle tuning they call it.

as a device it self- it helped E about 10 hp on his itr. but it was running STUPID rich from the skunk2 program... boost territory rich...

say you live in gay albuquerque and there is no hondata dealer. is the v-afc a good alternative? or are there better alternatives? say for mild n/a applications. as in my case: itr internals, port and polish, etc.

yes, i used the vafc on my b16 i had. click my RIP link in my sig to see my dyno that shows the A/F ratio, we were able to get it pretty flat, this is with the skunk2/mugen P28 program also. I thought it did great, and you can tune it with the car running.

So PILLS: I race every weds. night and one weekend a month so you think I should go with the hondata over the v-afc? How much does the hondata cost and how much power/torque does it give you? THANKS for all the replys!!! :D

Click my sig too. I don't have air/fuel ratio graphs to go with my dyno plots, but the ratio was running pretty constant all the way through.

Calesta what do run in the 1/4 with those numbers? My car dyno'd at 177.9hp and 136.6tq and I'm running high 13's w/slicks

I think it is helpful to tune out everything a little more for some gains. I would invest in it. They hold their value also if you decided to sell it used.

Milan

just by tuning my hondata on my lsvtec i went from 176 whp to 184 and from 127 ft lbs of tq to 138.4

definately worth it in my opinion... as long as you have access to a dyno with a wideband O2 sensor otherwise it's all useless

My friend got 10hp and 8.2tq out of the v-afc so there about the same then. It all about which you prefer then. Thanks for the help and any more opinions keep posting to help me choose. :D

comparing a vafc to a hondata unit is pointless.

a vafc controls 2 things- air/fuel curves based on percent, and vtec point.
thats it.

hondata,
controls the above,
plus ignition timing, and 11232132 other features.

if you do mild things, you will notice about the same 10 hp gain from either system.
but if you have a high power motor, there is no comparison- the hondata will descimate all :)

Thanks PISSEDOFFSOL that helped because I plan on building my motor so I'm going to start saving for the hondata set-up!! :worthy:

Back