1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it worth it??

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by 94accvtec, May 5, 2004.

1. 94accvtec

94accvtec Junior Member

I have a 94 accord ex. I was wondering if there is any way to swap an h22 DOHC head onto my block since I have a SOHC. If this is even possible I was wondering if it would make much of a power difference and if so is it worth it?? Any help would be splendid.

2. swanny

swanny Senior Member

Wont work. But if you had the complete engine it would be a different story,

3. 94accvtec

94accvtec Junior Member

i think one year of the preludes had an f22 with a dohc head. would that be a head-swap that is even worth the trouble?

4. tab

tab Super Moderator

The JDM F22B was dohc. Pretty comparable to the H23. But since you can buy an H23 or a F22B for <750, it's just not worth it. Most of the performance gain was in the compression of the block. Save your change. Turbo your car, add NOS, cams, H22 it, or do something else. Even the H22-H23 hybrid is a pain in the ass from what I hear.

5. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

head swap definitly isn't worth it, the h23-h22 head swap will wind up costing the same as an h22 setup, let alone trying the F-H series

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted