Is it worth lowering my lude?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 91 lude Si with 4WS, and i am currently shopping for a used jdm b20(if anyone knows where i can get a good deal let me know), but to the main concern, Is it worth my time lowering my lude. i have a set of 17's with pirelli nero zero tires. i dont know all the components to lowering or suspension, but i was told to lower it all the way and get air ride to raise it while i drive. i dont really know it all so if you could help that would be great! much appreciated.

check out JDM Honda Parts, JDM Honda Engines / JDM Nissan Motor Swaps, Used JDM Parts - Password JDM for a b20 they're selling entire longblocks for 549 each

whoever told you to get an air-ride suspension is an idiot, thats hella expensive and not worth it unless you wanna make a low rider, for lowering the car you can get lowering springs for 500 or less i say 500 beacuse you can go really cheap and get a set for like 100 off ebay (really shitty i might add) or you can get some really nice ones for more then 100, eibach are a good name to look for in springs, and its really up to you for what you want out of your car, you'll be making less power with a b20 in your car, they're only rated at 140hp and i'm not a prelude expert so idk how the 4 wheel steering will effect the swap, search around a little on the internet about swaping an engine into a 91 prelude

ground control adjustables with tokico blues are a popular set-up with 3rd gen ludes. I think Orijin still makes bushings for our suspension and they make front and rear sway bars too. Ingall's makes a camber kit. mustardcad on preludepower makes front and rear strut tower bars. DO NOT buy an air suspension kit unless you like the low-rider look and feel.

I wold have to agree with tart and elude. You definitely don't want air ride. I have installed it numerous times, and have had A vehicle with it also. Air ride is a completely different hobby.The cost is drastically higher, and the maintenance is something you will get tired of. Not to mention how your car will handle with it. I always felt like my car was a sloppy handler after the install. I have owned Ground Control also. That is what I would suggest if you want adjustable height. If not, just go with an Eibach setup. In all honesty, if you choose Eibach, you cant go wrong.

thanks guys for the help, what does strut towers, bars, and such do for me. i dont need a camber kit now even with 17's on the car they sit straight up. but how much am i lookin at wise to lower it.

Check out ebaymotors.

Coilovers: Ground Control, Skunk 2, Eibach is gonna cost your about $250 - $300 + Shipping on ebay.
Strut Towers: Set of FU RU RL on ebay for $100 + Shipping

Like tartymctang2357 said... your looking to spend around $500

Back