1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it worth to turbo?

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by efalex, Sep 9, 2008.

1. efalex

efalex New Member

i want a car that keeps up... i gotta d15 so its non vtec.. could i runa a small turbo on it like 5 pounds.. would that be worth it or no helllpp!

2. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

there are vtec d15's. you could swap the head for one with vtec.

yeah, small turbo with a good tune would be a bigger increase in power. lightly boosted should still be fairly reliable too. change to arp head studs at the least too i'd say.

3. hunter4life

hunter4life Rotary Man

Yah just dont get to big of a turbo or get crazy with the boost....also who are you keeping up to? A ferrari?

4. 88'CRXsi

88'CRXsi New Member

If money is out of the question just swap a B16, build a little bit of the internals and then turbo it with about 5-8lbs. psi, thats what my plan is

5. efalex

efalex New Member

if money is out of the question go b16???? and build it? dude i dont have that much money i was thinking my single cam non vtec with a ebay t3/4 turbo with 8 pounds and used hondataa

6. newb

newb phresh VIP

If money is a bit tight, stay away from the E-gay turbo. Its half the price, but it only lasts for a fraction of the time a quality turbo will. Just hit up CL and local forums, theyre all good sources for quality turbos with little to no miles on em. And, you can often find a quality turbo for the same price as an E-gay unit.

7. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

if our going ebay get the entire kit and swap the actual compressor,and do not push the motor..its a d15 and they are not designed to be pushed,unless you upgrade

8. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

No need for Hondata, especially if you're trying to save money. Look into getting your ECU chipped and running one of the free tuning software programs like Crome...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted