is lightening a stock flywheeel good??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im wondering if i lighten my stock flywheel will it do any harm??? or just leave it stock meaning dont lighten it at all>.. ?? if i was to lighten it, how many lbs. should i drop it???? thanks yall... B)

You could have a machine shop take about 6-11lbs off, (don't know what flywheel your using the stock B16A's is about 22lbs). IMO you'd do best to just get yourself one that is already a lightweight flywheel, the Todas are supposed to be really nice, but there are about as amny differnt kinds of flywheel as there are religions, and everyone believes something different as well.

i think mine is about 18lbs. out off an ls and dayum i want this sucker light.. not too light!! probably ima take off 3 - 4 lbs??... and what do they mean i have tah balance it???? thanks!!!!!! :worthy:

Originally posted by m2slsvtec671@Feb 22 2004, 10:58 PM
i think mine is about 18lbs. out off an ls and dayum i want this sucker light.. not too light!! probably ima take off 3 - 4 lbs??... and what do they mean i have tah balance it???? thanks!!!!!! :worthy:

They mean that is has to be evenly balanced as it is part of the rotating assembliy and a deviation in mas on one side will adversely effect your motor.

Stock b16a flywheels are 18lbs, becasue I just bought an ACT 8.5lb flywheel and just for the hell of it I weight both of them!!

I think people are better off just getting a new aftermarket flywheel.

7.5lb flywheel, balanced, never use, and new pilot bearing for under 280 can be found all day long.

Back