Is my H22A jdm?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

safety precaution, and you can adjust it with a computer like Genesis, but no more turning the distributor to advance the timing.

tranny problems

Bro don't worry about it being a bad tranny... it's prolly not. Although honda is known to have tranny problems in upwards of 100,000 miles, it's prolly not cuz i've driven that car plenty of times and that tranny just KICKS when you go slow... it's a hard working tranny becuz of the engine thats atached. when you step on it it's smooth, but when your just riding out slow... it's pretty rough... or maybe my girlfriends cars tranny is bad too? hmmm who knows? all i know is that her cars in perfect condition and its very unlikely.

Did you put the VTEC TCU in with the VTEC trans or did you just use the old one?

I had thought of that but I Dont know. I had a shop drop the motor when I was in Cali and the car was in Forida so I could have my Dad drive it out to me. The shop had a good rep but they did make a few bonehead mistakes. How could I check?

on the head there are things that look like clocks and those will tell you the year and month etc

Head.jpg

Is this what tells you the year and month the head was made, if so how do you read it?

Last edited:
Head.jpg

Is this what tells you the year and month the head was made, if so how do you read it?

Hey, I'm glad it came back... wouldn't it be quicker just to answer the question for him..... and me??? :)

You can put any tranny from 92-96 on that car, and probably some from the accords too... you don't need to be putting down big numbers to enjoy the LSD... it improves the handling even for us bolt-on types, and you can take off better... I love my m2b4

I just walked out of work to check mine... that is pretty cool!

I have a 92lude, with an h22a swap.. it was manufactured in sept 94... so it may have been out of a 95??

that pic doesn't really look like mine... it really does look like a little clock...

hah, the things that are right under our nose that we never notice..

this was definitely worth a revival... so you other guys can stuff it!... I'm just picking!

Ok one of you guys said h22a4 is obd2. I have a 96 accord ex obd2 wit a h22a4 swap wit a p13 chip and a m2y4 tranny. p13 is obd1 right? that is usdm and came from a 97- 01 prelude right. I didn't do the swap I bought it like that.

if it was still called the p13 96+, it was still obd2... the sh and type s had a p5p.

:werd:

Either the ECU came out of a 96 Prelude Si-VTEC, or the motor was converted to run on OBD1. I'm guessing the ECU probably came out of a 96 Prelude...

Check my head

Do the jdm 220hp h22a's all have a red top? Got mine swapped to a h22a and it has a black top, any way to check if I have the jdm head just not the red valve cover?

yes both the type-s and euro-r motors had redtops

just grab the code off the trans if it came with the motor and type it into google. I dunno what the type-s' trans code is off the top of my head but a euro r has a t2w4

yes both the type-s and euro-r motors had redtops

just grab the code off the trans if it came with the motor and type it into google. I dunno what the type-s' trans code is off the top of my head but a euro r has a t2w4

Who asked about Type S and Euro R motors? All he asked was whether or not all JDM H22s have red valve covers, and the answer is NO, they don't. Some of them do, and some of them don't. To find out of it's a JDM motor, just look at the stamp on the block. If it says "H22A" then it's JDM. If it says anything else (i.e. H22A1, H22A4) then it's NOT JDM. It's that simple...

EDIT: And looking back through this thread, the question was answered in the very first reply, so shame on both of you for not reading...

Last edited:
Back