is my turbo bad????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Samuels

I bought a new turbokit today from a local and got a nice deal but the turbo may need rebuilt he said it ran fine though. I got a blox turbo manifold,XS power 60 trim, 3inch DP with 2 o2 bungs with v-band,dumptube,huge johnny race car IC,black top 450cc injectors with clips and resistor box,tial 38mm with 6 and 9psi spring with feed and return lines all for 700 also included was a already tapped LS oilpan.. All i need to finish the kit is IC piping and a chipped ECU so it can be tuned..
After inspecting everything throughly i noticed a good amount of oil in the intercooler. The turbo has minimal shaft play it has alot of white ash on the exhaust side but thats probably from running lean. The turbo spins freely.. A good friend said the seals are probably bad in the turbo causeing the excess IC oil..

What do you guys think??

And can i spray water through the intercooler to clean it out??

Is it possible everything is still fine??

I can have the 60 rebuilt for 275 with garrett internals..

Either way i got a hellva deal. The IC piping will cost 175 shipped on here i already have the BOV,the ECU will run 150 and then if Shue tunes it on unberdata another 100 thats 1125 for a turbokit tuned. If it needs rebuilt i'm at 1450 basically tuned..

there's prob a good chance that the seals in the turbo are leaking the oil which you see in the IC...
how's the shaft play?

Quoted post[/post]]
there's prob a good chance that the seals in the turbo are leaking the oil which you see in the IC...
how's the shaft play?

it has a very little shaft play.. The seller is real cool though i'm gonna give him back the turbo and DP with the v-band. He is giving me 300..

So i'm getting the
IC
BLOX TURBO MANIFOLD
TIAL 38MM
All feed lines
dumptube
tapped oilpan
dsm 450's

for 400 bucks...

Whats the best way to clean up the intercooler??

Back