??? Is Nitrous Really What They Say It Is ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
ok....ive been doing some research on nitrous and how they work but there are so many opinions that people have about it that i dont know whats true or whats not. i was planning on gettin a ZEX kit for my accord but before i make the expense, i wanted to get someones first hand knoweledge of it ...like i mean ive heard all the rumors about how it supposedly can blow you motor or at least the top end but how true is that ?? and are the DRY kits really that much safer than the WET kits?? and as far as HP is concerned...if i run a 75 shot am i really gonna get 75 horsepower and if so for how long. im kinda ignorant when it comes to nitrous maybe yall can enlighten me.!! :poop:

1. if you don't bother to update your fuel, you could easily blow a piston a rod, or both.
2. wet kits are safer than dry kits, but wet kits are harder to install and tune (so i've been told) than dry kits.
3. it'll make 75 hp, but you won't get all that to the wheels...you'll feel an increase from a 75 shot though. For how long depends on how much is in the bottle and how much you use it, how many times you refill the bottle and if you blow your motor or not.

well what should i do to prevent from blowing shit up??...cuz ive already been through 1 motor already and i really dont wanna go through a second one. :poop:

update your fuel delivery, injectors (the wet kit comes with a 5th injector) and fuel pump, compliment it with an adjustable fuel regulator and reset your ECU.

tune it for the nitrous, invest in some sort of fuel management, anyone have any feelings on the hondata nitrous control?, that may be an option for you, someone else who runs nitrous can probably help you more than I

i mean i didnt wanna get too crazy with it i jsut wanted to get some ideas from people who have had it and what type of experience theyve had with it cuz an option for me was buying a stock f22 for my accord and running a zex 75 shot off of that ...basically i wanna at least achieve trying to come close to running with the preludes without buying the H22. dont kno if its possible but maybe somebodys who had it will kno. :poop:

Just to clarify i have no personal experience with nitrous, and I don't think I'll ever have any. I just think a turbo is more reliable and cheaper in the long run. but... I've known many a domestic owner run shots on their motors with no problems as long as they have it tuned for it.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Aug 18 2004, 01:50 AM
Just to clarify i have no personal experience with nitrous, and I don't think I'll ever have any. I just think a turbo is more reliable and cheaper in the long run. but... I've known many a domestic owner run shots on their motors with no problems as long as they have it tuned for it.
[post=378408]Quoted post[/post]​

na thats all cool bro..i appreciate your input..at least i have a general idea of what to do to make it work...thanks :poop:

run a wet kit but get it tune properly and run it a bit rich until you do to be on the safe side

For small shots, dry > wet.

For large shots, direct port > wet > dry.

It's all about fuel delivery. If your fuel system can compensate quickly enough (and in the right amount) for a 75 shot of juice, I would recommend the dry setup. That way you're not injecting a bunch of fuel through your intake before the throttle body, and you don't risk any kind of intake backfire. Upgrade your injectors, fuel pump or whatever you need to do to get proper fuel delivery, then tune the whole system so you don't lean out.

from my personal experience: I ran a small 50 dry shot in my Miata, I had a 10lb big blue bottle for yours truly Nitrouse Oxide Systems.

Pros:
Easy to install
500 bucks
noticed a little more Upmh

Cons:
filling the bottle up twice a week gets expensive
potentially blowing my motor
getting out of the car and turning it on/off, etc.

In the long run, I should have went with the little dinky jackson charger for this ride. Personally I would rather have power that is there all the time.

Back