1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is t3/t4 to big for z6??

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by SolLess16, Nov 12, 2003.

1. SolLess16

SolLess16 Senior Member

hey guys im want to run a t3t4 turbo with equal length manifold on a d16z6, i want to know if this will be to big - also does anyone have an idea where i would get full boost at- thanks

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

are there any equal length manifolds for the d-series? other than that SSautochrome piece of shit, i don't think so....

i wouldn't waste your money on it. the equal length design really won't give you a gain for your dollar on the d-seires.... 400+ whp is where it starts to make a difference. look into a good log-style... inline pro, etc...

as for will the t3/t4 be too big? which t3/t4?

a t3/t04b .43 .57 would be fine
    a t3/t04s .80 1.15 would be stupid

3. SolLess16

SolLess16 Senior Member

i was looking into the ssautocrome manifold and the only bad reveiws i have heard of is it is hard to hold the weight of the turbo - so i was going to make brackets to support the weight. i will post the specs of the turbo tonight - who else makes a good manifold for a dedent price , i really dont want to get a hfmanifold - thanks

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

you need to do more resaerch oin it. hell, there is a sticky about it in this thread.

more than the weight issue, they crack.

trust me, it looks pretty and thats about it.

if you want a good d-series manifold,
    http://sfp.net/turbo_man_detail.asp

450 for their street design for the d-series with deltagate/tial wastegate flange. talk to scott. he posts's here. you'll probably get a hondaswap discount too for a couple bucks.

5. SolLess16

SolLess16 Senior Member

alright im looking at my freinds turbo now and where the turbo bolts to the ex many it says .48 , whats that number?? also its a .50 AR . thanks

6. riddickone

riddickone Member

Hey pissedoffsol , what makes SS Auto Chromes manifold crappy, just a ?? thanks

7. civicrturbo

civicrturbo Member

youll b fine just run around 10psi so its somewhat efficient

8. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

they are crappy because they use crappy materials and construction. When there is extreme heat/cooling shitty designs crack.

9. MaliWho97

MaliWho97 Senior Member

For the price of the SSAUTOCHROME one, I'd get it, then take it to a machine shop and have all of the welds redone and have it ceramic coated...... The T3T4 hybrid is perfect for the Z6..... Thats what I am using on my CRX powered Z6....

10. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

the material used is too thin. regardless of the welds, the metal itself cracks.

moreover, it doesn't flow any better than a log-style. so why bullshit?

obx turbos y0!

fucking ricers

11. SolLess16

SolLess16 Senior Member

well we will see soon if it will crack or not , ill keep my fingers crossed

12. gen_x_performance

gen_x_performance Junior Member

I sell custom made log style manifolds, and equal length manifolds for d, b, f, h series motors. As far as the OBX Manifold goes . . . no good. Jsut remember . . .

"You Get What You Pay For" a HF Manifold holds up better then those things :) As far as the T3/T4 goes though they work wonders on z6 motors if you get the right specs. My friend is running 7psi on his 91 hatchback and he spanked a evo the other day . . . off the line the person with the smaller turbo will take you since it spools faster, but once the t3/t4 spools you're toast because it's going to be pushing way more air through it then a little greddy turbo.

if you need a manifold please e-mail me at:

tyson@genxperformance.net

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted