is t3/t4 to big for z6??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolLess16

hey guys im want to run a t3t4 turbo with equal length manifold on a d16z6, i want to know if this will be to big - also does anyone have an idea where i would get full boost at- thanks

are there any equal length manifolds for the d-series? other than that SSautochrome piece of shit, i don't think so....

i wouldn't waste your money on it. the equal length design really won't give you a gain for your dollar on the d-seires.... 400+ whp is where it starts to make a difference. look into a good log-style... inline pro, etc...

as for will the t3/t4 be too big? which t3/t4?

a t3/t04b .43 .57 would be fine
a t3/t04s .80 1.15 would be stupid

i was looking into the ssautocrome manifold and the only bad reveiws i have heard of is it is hard to hold the weight of the turbo - so i was going to make brackets to support the weight. i will post the specs of the turbo tonight - who else makes a good manifold for a dedent price , i really dont want to get a hfmanifold - thanks

you need to do more resaerch oin it. hell, there is a sticky about it in this thread.

more than the weight issue, they crack.

trust me, it looks pretty and thats about it.

if you want a good d-series manifold,
http://sfp.net/turbo_man_detail.asp

450 for their street design for the d-series with deltagate/tial wastegate flange. talk to scott. he posts's here. you'll probably get a hondaswap discount too for a couple bucks.

alright im looking at my freinds turbo now and where the turbo bolts to the ex many it says .48 , whats that number?? also its a .50 AR . thanks

they are crappy because they use crappy materials and construction. When there is extreme heat/cooling shitty designs crack.

For the price of the SSAUTOCHROME one, I'd get it, then take it to a machine shop and have all of the welds redone and have it ceramic coated...... The T3T4 hybrid is perfect for the Z6..... Thats what I am using on my CRX powered Z6....

the material used is too thin. regardless of the welds, the metal itself cracks.

moreover, it doesn't flow any better than a log-style. so why bullshit?

obx turbos y0!

fucking ricers

I sell custom made log style manifolds, and equal length manifolds for d, b, f, h series motors. As far as the OBX Manifold goes . . . no good. Jsut remember . . .

"You Get What You Pay For" a HF Manifold holds up better then those things :) As far as the T3/T4 goes though they work wonders on z6 motors if you get the right specs. My friend is running 7psi on his 91 hatchback and he spanked a evo the other day . . . off the line the person with the smaller turbo will take you since it spools faster, but once the t3/t4 spools you're toast because it's going to be pushing way more air through it then a little greddy turbo.

if you need a manifold please e-mail me at:

tyson@genxperformance.net

Back